2024 Tech@Tyson Summer Internship
About this program:
A Tech@Tyson internship is a paid summer internship available in Northwest Arkansas during the summer of 2024. You'll receive exposure to a variety of aspects of the software lifecycle and positively impact our customers through one of these challenging assignments:
- Software Engineering / Development
- Data Analytics
- Cloud Engineering
- Business and Technical Analysis
In this program, you will
- Gain hands-on experience that will aid in broadening your technical expertise in technology operations
- Share your insights and make your voice heard in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Receive an opportunity to build a network with program managers, alumni, senior leaders, and other interns
- Participate in developmental activities such as one-on-one feedback sessions, tips for success, and industry discussions
As an intern, you will build skills using some of the latest technology and tools
- Business Analysis: Planisware, Jira, Apptio, SAP, Lucidchart
- Databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
- Platforms/Servers: Windows, Linux, Web and Application.NET, Web Services, Web, Mobile apps (iOS, Android)
- Concepts: data driven decision making, service-oriented architecture, responsive design, automated testing, innovation & digital transformation, automation, enterprise solutions
What it takes
- In pursuit of a bachelor's or master's degree with a concentration in computer science, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, IST, IT, CIS, Security Risk Analysis, mathematics, BIS/MIS, or related technical/engineering discipline required
- Proven leadership skills
- Effective analytical, communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment
This position will begin in the summer of 2024 and last approximately 12 weeks.
About the Tyson Foods, Inc Tech Team:
- Create Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics
- Create Standard and Global Platforms
- Smart Factories-Automation and Robotics
- Attract, Develop and Retain the Best Talent while Fostering a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
Our Vision: Transform the way Tyson works through innovation and technology
Our Mission: Deliver secure, industry leading automation, analytics and digitally integrated solutions.
Our Goals: People, Projects Sustainability, Operational Excellence, Health and Safety and Diversity and Inclusion.
Please note: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship or employer supported STEM OPT extension.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.