Senior Transportation Manager
Sr Manager – Port Operations (Gulf & Central)
- Working collaboratively with global strategy & procurement, transportation operations, rail operations and BU sales to support total transportation activities.
- Responsible for supporting all port, container freight stations and offsite cold storage facilities for the Export operations team while finding ways to strategically improve freight movement across the enterprise.
- Creates a highly adaptable transportation network to drive best in class service.
- This position will drive the operational execution for current and future export product movement of Tyson Foods
- This position is responsible for collaborating with global strategy and procurement to develop and implement sustainable solutions to secure and select carrier capacity determine optimal use of fleet and contracted assets to deliver a competitive value for a freight spend in excess of $.5 billion.
- Meeting or exceeding departmental service goals; achieving financial objectives and key metrics; planning and optimizing contract carrier and fleet assets to minimize over all freight spend; and finding new ways to improve dispatch plans to meet daily business needs.
- This position is responsible for applying continuous improvement methods to achieving financial and business objectives while working with Distribution leadership to satisfy the Transportation needs of Tyson Foods and our customers.
- Position will develop and implement enterprise strategies for Ocean, Air and Drayage RFPs for Tyson.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operations: Takes overall responsibility for executing efficient export product movement utilizing all modes of transportation (air, OTR, intermodal, container, refrigerated box car, etc.)
- Collaborate with a broad network of functional areas including but not limited to; finance operations, systems, sales, OCS/CFS, rail providers, customer service and systems technology to make financially responsible business decisions that support One Tyson goals.
- Aggressively building capacity in an increasingly competitive freight environment to maximize service performance and minimize cost and supply disruptions to our customers.
- Mitigating risk by creating multi-carrier capacity in all origin destination combinations.
- Education: BS degree in Logistics/Supply Chain or Business or 5 plus years experience in Logistics, Supply Chain and Transportation.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years Import & Export operations, Global Supply Chain/Transportation operations, P&L management.
- Computer skills: Versed in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and various supply chain operating systems.
- Communication skills: Executive level written, presentation and verbal skills.
- Preferred skills; Experience managing Global transportation providers and international markets.
- Field travel required to support Global operations, internal and external business partners (8-12 travel trips per year).
* RESUME REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ROLE *
Relocation Assistance Eligible:Yes
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.