Marketing Manager - International
SUMMARY: The International Marketing Manager is responsible for management of the marketing activities for the international sales channel and has total responsibility to manage budget in manner which meets company objectives for Annual Operating Plan and Long Range Planning process. This role develops long and short-term strategies, marketing plans, new products, packaging, advertising, and sales promotion programs that will achieve corporate profit, volume, and share objectives. The role also directs the activities of advertising agencies.
- Develop and implement the marketing objectives, strategies, and the long range and annual plans for assigned categories reflecting overall corporate goals.
- Manage budget and MAP spending for assigned product responsibility; monitor performance measurements to ensure sales volume, share and profit objectives are accomplished - recommends and implements corrective actions.
- Act as liaison with all other corporate functions to ensure business initiatives receive necessary focus; creatively identify opportunity areas for growth by effectively using consumption data, market research and competitive intelligence.
- Develop meaningful consumer positioning for all assigned product lines that creates added value versus competitive and effectively communicate product advantages to customers and consumers.
- Develop brand strategies that create engagement and loyalty.
- Manage the development and introduction of new products in cooperation with New Business Development group and R&D to provide a full line of differentiated products, each meeting target customer and consumer needs and offering the highest competitive value.
- Work hand-in-hand with the sales organization to ensure corporate objectives are met and that our strategies and programs are effectively implemented.
- Direct advertising agencies and other suppliers in the development and implementation of marketing strategies and programs, gaining maximum value from MAP expenditures.
- Lead, develop and execute international marketing strategy for the maintenance and growth of Tyson Fresh across key global markets, working with key stakeholders to gain their input and alignment.
- Work with sales and business to develop strategic, customized account plans that work in each key market.
- Promote sales of products/services in multiple global markets through brand development, optimized sales materials, and innovation management.
- Introduce and sell in new products to key customers, execute organizational initiatives and develop programs to drive sales of key items with strategic customers for long-term growth.
- Support sales in sales execution for key global customers.
- Lead and execute all global and regional sales calls including preparation and selling story
- Partner with sales to develop and build relationships with new potential customers to gain entrance for Tyson Fresh.
- Extensive planning capabilities with an eye to global trends to connect with a worldwide audience and position Tyson Fresh as a leader
- Analysis and preparations of reports to meet all Tyson KPIs (e.g. ensure we are meeting all key internal and customer metrics)
- Updates on competitive market intelligence
- Communicate clearly and diplomatically, as regularly interaction occurs with global employees and building relationships with clients and customers. Understanding nuances of different culture critical for success
- Continually benchmark our Fresh business against other top global companies and have insight into our customer needs in the future (e.g., innovative products, packaging, etc. as well as an understanding of ESG and regulatory by region)
- Work with internal teams and vendors to develop any training for customer or broker needs.
Establish Business with Existing Accounts
- Maintain established businesses with existing accounts for continued growth.
- Work to understand their unmet needs to grow their business.
- Ensure adequate touch points with key decision makers.
- Surprise and delight to stay one step ahead of competition.
Product Management and Research and Development Efforts
- Cross functional interaction to understand product management process and research and development efforts to increase sales and satisfy customer requests for new items.
- Ensure collaboration between US Headquarters and global business units to build on each other’s skills, knowledge, and growth.
- Oversee research and analysis to determine the most attractive products and services for each market, and then figure out how to communicate these benefits. Developing pricing and positioning strategies, managing supply chains, and building brand loyalty.
Communication with Managers and Brokers and Customer Service
- Establish and maintain open communication with Global regional managers and brokers on all customer activities.
- Education/Certifications: bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Marketing, Business Management, Research Analytics, International Relations, or a related discipline or related field and 5+ years of experience. MBA Preferred.
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Microsoft office.
- Communication Skills: Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Special Skills: Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of marketing and finance.
- Demonstrated strength in strategic thinking with a customer and consumer lens is required.
- Proven track record in managing and meeting volume and profit targets through creative marketing of existing lines.
- Strong analytical skills a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must understand the dynamics of the food business and commercialization across global markets.
- Travel: 6-10 trips per year
Relocation Assistance Eligible:Yes
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.