Technology PMO - Project Manager
Join our dynamic and innovative Food company. Our organization is the industry leader at the forefront of digital transformation enabled by groundbreaking technologies and solutions to drive progress and reshape the future. Our team is composed of driven and experienced individuals who thrive on pushing boundaries, embracing challenges, and turning vision into reality. We are seeking an experienced Program/Project Manager to lead our diverse projects, inspire cross-functional teams, and contribute to our journey of innovation and excitement. An ideal candidate shall possess a passion for innovation and a proven track record of successfully managing complex program/projects from conception to delivery, with exceptional leadership, strong communication and problem-solving skills, coupled with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment. Program/Project Managers play a pivotal role in enabling our organization's growth and ensuring that our strategic initiatives are executed with excellence.
What is Tech@Tyson?
The IT Team at Tyson Foods is building the technology of the future. We’re transforming an 85-year-old company into the most modern food company in the world. We’re developing technologies that are used in our offices, they’re used in our plants, in our farms, they’re used everywhere. We’re building technologies that are changing the way this company works. Everything from machine learning to artificial intelligence to utilizing cutting edge tech like drones, that will help drive our business forward. At Tyson Foods we’re driving world class technology to revolutionize a world class company. https://www.tysonfoods.com/technology-careers
This position provides overall program and project management responsibility for assigned major innovation projects and cost savings opportunities that contribute to business growth and efficiencies. Responsibility includes providing project management support to existing product/solution changes. Leadership skills in working with a cross-functional team through roadblocks and issues that would impede progress are required. Demonstrated ability to influence across business units and effectively coordinate external and internal resources is needed along with a project management track record leading and delivering large complex projects. The selected candidate will serve as a mentor and an example for best-in-class project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead planning and/or implementation of projects.
- Facilitate the definition of project mission, goals, tasks, and resource requirements, including budget management.
- Resolve or assist in the resolution of issues within or between projects or functional areas.
- Develop methods to monitor project or area progress and provide corrective supervision, if necessary.
- Manage project budget and resource allocation.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plan and charter.
- Responsible for successful completion of all deliverables of the project.
- Effectively manage vendors, including reviewing billings and ensuring integrity of their deliverables.
- Facilitate the definition of acceptability criteria with the project customer users of the solution.
- Guide and oversee all members of the project team in the planning and execution of their tasks.
- Participate in the design and or testing phases as SME.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement optimal changes.
- Follow defined agreed upon project management methodologies, approaches, and processes.
- Report project status and issues on a regular basis to the Steering Committee and IT leadership.
- Defines project tasks by utilizing standard templates from our library based on project methodology.
- Verify that resources are supplied to the project and staffed accordingly.
- Collaborates with reviewers of stage/gates to ensure that the required deliverables of each gate are validated by the reviewers and the gate-level decisions.
- Enables tasks for the filling of time-reporting details and reviews hours captured by the project resources.
- Reviews labor variances and other project status reports to ensure smooth execution of the project phase activities.
- Post project status, risks, issues, lessons learned, etc. for team members or any specific recipients.
Education: BA or BS degree in computer science, mathematics, operations management, or other related discipline. Equivalent experience may be acceptable.
- 6 plus years of proven experience as a project manager with emphasis on IT projects.
- Experience with wide-ranging information technology services, business processes, divestitures, acquisitions, and cloud migrations.
- Must demonstrate the ability to schedule and manage resource capacity required of medium and large cross-functional projects spanning multiple IT groups 500 – 50,000 hours.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally with the ability to tailor messaging to different levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated success delivering projects on time, while meeting requirements and with high customer and team satisfaction; demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership and expertise.
- Utilize multiple project methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, SAFe.
Computer Skills: Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office tools, including MS Project.
Communication Skills: Must exhibit strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to tailor messaging to different levels of the organization.
- Formal certification in Project Management from PMI or equivalent Project Management Association a plus.
- Experience with a portfolio management software (Planisware, Clarity, etc.)
- Strong financial, procurement and supply chain acumen
- Strong experience with Manufacturing, Robotic Automation, Sustainability, Procure/Source to PaySource to Pay and Cost Accounting processes and strategies.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent leadership and people skills.
- Experience with SAP S/4 FI/CO, Costing, Material Ledger, MM, PM, as well as Coupa, Enablon and BI/BW Reporting tools
- Understanding of SaaS solution implementation approaches in the financial and procurement spaces, as well as cloud development tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of AWS, GCP and Azure Cloud tools
Location: Springdale, Arkansas (onsite)
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.