Senior Customer Category Manager - WMT
This position manages a team of Customer Category Managers CCMs and is primarily responsible for our Prepared Foods Walmart Advisorships focused on category-centric and shopper-centric needs required to drive strategic initiatives to grow for both Walmart and Tyson. Manages diverse team and is actively involved in delivering timely and forward-thinking Category Leadership by providing managerial expertise, project leadership, and actionable insights and recommendations that drive category growth.
Applies expert knowledge of category and shopper insights into strategies and long-term sales initiatives that deliver Tyson and retailer objectives. Identifies and quantifies opportunities related to macro-space, assortment optimization, aisle and or department reinvention, category adjacencies, promotion optimization, and pricing, bundling those insights into strategies that are executable and aligned to by Walmart. Provides management skills assessment and OTJ development to direct reports CCMs while fostering a culture of inclusivity and continuous development for team.
- Education: BA degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: 7 plus years of experience in Category Management, Sales, and or Consumer Insights. Food industry and Walmart experience a plus.
- Special Skills: Strong experience managing diverse people and skillsets; comprehensive and proactive project management; strong ability to leverage creative thinking; advanced analytics and insights capabilities utilizing retailer data sources, syndicated data, and internal proprietary data. Excellent presentation verbal and written communication skills. Advanced skills in PowerPoint & Excel.
- Demonstrated Skills: Leadership, out of the box thinking, Strategic Customer Experience, Storytelling, Sense of urgency and prioritization
- Travel: Approximately 10%
- Supervisory Responsibility: Manage a team of 9 Category Advisors and Category Analysts, 5 direct reports
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.