Associate Director Transportation - Customer Service
This position handles directing, maintaining, reporting, and supporting all activities for on-time delivery to our customers both internal and external. The activities this position leads will support service metric goals for all parts of the company. This position will collaborate with multiple partners throughout our company to analyze, support and execute plans of improvement to deliver industry leading service to our customers. This person is responsible for managing and coordinating activities related to reporting and improvement of the on-time portion of all OTIF programs for our company and the customers we do business with. This position will be responsible for the leading/strengthening/developing of a team to accomplish the overall department goals while promoting the Tyson 5C’s to fulfill the Tyson Customer Promise. Weekend and Afterhours work are a routine piece of responsibility. Emails and phone calls after hours are common. The person in this position will use their experience remotely or on site directing off hour team members when the need arises to be a lender to problem solving.
Other Responsibilities of the Position:
- Develop, report, maintain all on time metrics/goals for Tyson Foods.
- Reviewing Ops Service for accuracy and forward planning.
- Management of visibility platforms (Four kites) to communicate with internal and external customers efficiently and effectively.
- Collaborate with multiple groups including sales, prod planning, warehousing and transportation to analyze and formulate daily, weekly, monthly plans to better execute on time service.
- Management of all on time reporting, gap analysis and improvement strategies for customer OTIF metrics/programs. Expected to not only report, but action against that reporting to increase on time service and by extension reduce fine exposure of late shipments.
- Lead night management team that handles all issues arising from the hours of 1800-0600 daily for all loads hauled by our 3PL carrier base including any claims or plant issues.
- Management, review and ensuring accurate payment for all detention payments to our carrier base. This also includes analyzing areas of opportunities where trucks are detained and working collaboratively with others to improve efficiency and reduce costs in that space.
- Daily interactions with Contract Carrier, Strategy and Tyson Fleet Ops Managers to discuss truck markets, demand planning, and service needs.
- Daily meetings and conference calls with Tyson BU’s to discuss, plan and overcome service opportunities as they arise.
- Engage all departments within Transportation with the goal of development of analytic tools to better support decision making that will help the achievement of core KPIs.
- Promote Tyson/Carrier Partnerships by participating in various Core Carrier Events – i.e., Driver Awards Ceremony / Annual Tyson Carrier Awards etc.
- Periodic trips to Transportation Corporate offices or plant facilities to review carriers, systems, and processes.
- Review/Manage/Track direct and indirect reports vacation, leave, and sick time.
- EDUCATION: Requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor s degree or equivalent preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 6 plus years of experience.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Standard computer skills required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Good verbal and written communication skills required.
SUPERVISORY: This position has direct reports.
- TRAVEL: 1-5 trips per year
You must provide a Resume to qualify.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:Yes
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.