The Strategy consultant role plays an essential part of driving and developing business analysis and supports the most pressing strategic initiatives for the Enterprise. The key purpose of the role will be to deliver structured, objective and actionable insights that outline risks and opportunities, manage business intelligence like competitive, market, forecast and external market trends and provide tools for monitoring successful execution of strategy. This role is expected to support strategy development and key initiatives across a range of markets and categories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with global Strategy directors and key business and initiative leaders across the organization in the development of the strategic recommendations and executing projects associated with the enterprise strategy.
- Support segment and functional teams to create strategies at a segment, functional, category, brand and /or country level that drive shareholder value with clear plans for implementation. S/he may also participate in the annual Strategic Business Planning process.
- Analyze data for delivery of strategic sessions and ad hoc business analysis projects via partnering with leaders across the enterprise. Data sources include but not limited to market data, pricing data, Euromonitor, Annual & Quarterly reports, investment banker analysis, financial data, articles, and other secondary / primary resources.
- Conduct interviews, lead brainstorming sessions and war games, find critical business information, and help business leaders develop innovative approaches to their business.
- Interpret results from multiple project components and translate these finding into clear and compelling recommendations and solutions.
- Add personal insight, galvanize discussion and debate across the organization on key strategic issues, generating ideas and creative frameworks, and use a combination of facts, judgment, and personal impact to build credibility and influence outcomes.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
Background and experience: 5-7 years of experience required. The successful candidate will have a combined 2-3 years of experience in strategy preferred with a strategy consulting firm and/or in strategy within a high-performing multi-national organization. Ideal experience in the poultry, beef or pork agriculture financial analyst, CPG or Food & Beverage industries.
Key capabilities and skills:
- Analytical and Quantitative: Strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to independently generate strategic insights from data. Very fluent in Excel; financial modeling skills preferred.
- Written and Verbal Communication: Strong communication and presentation skills, including strong PowerPoint / deck-writing experience; capable of catering a message appropriately for a given audience.
- Structured Problem Solving: Brings structure and creativity to ambiguous problems.
- Business Acumen: An awareness of what drives profitability and cash flow, a market-focused approach to the business, and an overall knowledge of business and functional interrelationships.
- Initiative and Motivation: Highly motivated self-starter who is performance driven.
- Engaging and Collaborative: Enjoys working in a team environment.
Direct reports: none
Travel: domestic and international, as required by the business. Up to 20-30% of time
This position is based in Tyson Food’s World Headquarters in Springdale, AR
Relocation Assistance Eligible:Yes
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.