Sr Analyst Commodity
As a Sr. Commodity Analyst, you will be working in the systems and analytics group within Commodity Purchasing to solve a wide range of business problems across multiple functional areas. Your solutions will be driven by data and be easily interpreted to other team members and senior leaders within Tyson.
You will regularly deploy a flexible analytical skill set to deliver insightful data and analysis, model business scenarios, define metrics, and address operational challenges with a quantitative approach. Your principal goal will be to use data to drive better business decisions.
You'll thrive when dealing with complex problems and ambiguity by using a variety of tools to find answers. You'll operate with limited guidance and have strong business partnering skills that you will proactively use. You won't be afraid to approach new, unique problems, and you'll be capable of working with large amounts of data with high attention to detail. You'll be curious and have an urge to go deeper and deeper into the data. You’ll be working with all levels of leadership.
Some example concepts you will need to be experienced with are:
- Drive business insights from raw data
- Build and enhance cross-functional partnership
- Communicate with and influence senior leaders
- Project management
Some example responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute upon an analytics platform roadmap (including data models, presentation layer, processes, critical metric development)
- Participate in project scoping and planning
- Define and iterate upon analytics team processes to improve scale and reduce errors
- Build partnerships with key members within and outside of the Commodity Purchasing Group
Some technical areas of expertise you'll use:
- Operational metric development
- Data presentation options and best practices
- Automating business and reporting processes
- Power BI, SQL, PowerApps, and data model design utilizing Google Cloud Platform
Some experience we'd like you to have:
- Solid experience in data reporting and ETL development
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts and analytics-driven findings to business audiences, and to explain business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to technical resources
- Problem solving aptitude with strong intellectual curiosity
Education: Bachelor's Degree in relevant technical field.
Experience: 2+ years experience with demonstrated success in roles requiring strong analytical and systems skills. Must possess strong prioritization and organizational skills. Knowledge of the food or agriculture industry is a plus.
Computer Skills: Experience with visualization tools such as Lumira, Tableau, PowerBI, etc. Additional knowledge around database query reporting tools.
Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical team members.
Special Skills: Exceptional technical and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and develop new solutions; Superior organizational and problem solving; Demonstrated ability to build complex statistical models needed to understand issues and forecast impacts of change; Perseveres to locate necessary data and identify creative solutions to enable project completion; Experience collaborating with solutions to enable project completion; Consistently delivers high-quality timely work resulting in highly satisfied customers; Passion for learning; and team player.
Travel: Limited travel required.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.