Manager Procurement, Contracts
This Manager of Contract Management will need to collaborate across Procurement to complete role responsibilities and have the insight to provide interpretation and review of contracts. Serve as contact point for Law, partner with Operations to drive awareness and support Supplier Management with timely resolution to issues. This team member will also be responsible for facilitating and making changes to active contracts when needed and developing and maintaining CLMA Contracts Module content.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Category Management and Strategic Sourcing to draft, redline and execute contracts for the purchase of materials and/or services
- Provide interpretation, review and management of contractual agreements and associated internal or external correspondence/documentation
- Support negotiation process of favorable contract terms and conditions to obtain the best possible outcome for Tyson
- Serve as contact point with Law and Risk functions
- Store and manage executed contracts in central contract repository
- Work with Operations Team to drive awareness and operationalization of Contracts
- Support contract monitoring and management plan, work with Operations Team on execution
- Serve as contact point with Operations Team for ongoing contract execution and monitoring of contract compliance
- Assist Supplier Management in the resolution of contract discrepancies with suppliers and affected internal customers
- Facilitate timely resolution of contractual and performance issues to minimize impact of disruptions to internal customers
- Support communication and resolutions of any issues related to contract compliance
- Facilitate and execute changes to active contracts, including amendments, renewals, termination, extensions, etc., as needed
- Manage notifications for contract renewals or expiration
- Ensure communication of contract amendments to all internal stakeholders impacted
- Follow a structured and robust contract management process
- Drive consistency in contracting, identify opportunities to standardize or improve templates and processes
- Identify opportunities to increase the effectiveness of the function on an ongoing basis
- Utilize Contract Management technology to manage the end-to-end contract lifecycle
- Develop and maintain CLMA Contracts Module content, including standard and category-specific contract templates, clause library, etc.
- Work with Law function to identify and obtain approval for alternative and supplemental clauses to add within clause library
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Juris Doctor Degree (JD) beneficial.
Experience: 6+ years’ experience in Procurement, Contract Administration, or a related field
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Familiarity with eProcurement Source-to-Pay tools desirable, Experience in Contract Lifecycle Management tools desirable
Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, Presentation and negotiation skills are required
Special Skills: Leadership experience with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with the team and all levels and areas of the organization. Ability to work effectively and collaboratively, both as a team member and independently. Understanding of business and contract law as applied to supplier relationships. Working knowledge of contracting concepts and commercial law. Strong negotiation skills and demonstrated conflict resolution skills. Ability to identify, assess and mitigate risk. Understanding of procurement governance, processes and policies. Strong analytical and interpretive skills to recognize, comprehend and assess data, complex issues, and industry information. Ability to present complex topics in an effective and concise manner to broad-based audiences including various levels of management. Excellent customer service, problem solving and decision-making skills
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
Supervisory: Demonstrated ability to influence without positional authority
Travel: Up to  domestic trips per year
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.