Staff Architect Applications
The Enterprise Architect is responsible for defining Enterprise technology standards that align with business and IT strategy. The Enterprise Architect partners with IT teams to manage the technology portfolio and develop roadmaps that drive strategic initiatives and business outcomes. In this role, the Enterprise Architect will collaborate with their IT partners to deliver current and future state portfolio artifacts, guide solution architects and project teams regarding solution design and implementation, and partner with application owners in their area to manage application lifecycles within their portfolio. The Enterprise Architect is also responsible for partnering with peers to mature the architecture practice and processes. This role will be a staff member in the Enterprise Architecture team and report directly to the leader of IT Enterprise Architecture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and implementation of standards and processes associated with ensuring enterprise technology architecture compliance.
- Partner closely with the business facing IT organization solution architects, analysts, leadership and business partners to develop the future state IT landscape
- Collaboratively develop roadmaps to address the gaps between the current and future state
- Provide strong thought leadership and oversee IT governance processes across Tyson IT the Tyson Business
- Collaborate with partners and facilitate the assessment of hardware and software technology, as well as the design of standard configurations.
- Collaborate with business constituents, other technology architecture team members, project teams and staff in various IT functional areas as needed to fulfill the responsibilities described above.
- Understand and advocate business and IT strategies
- Advocate the value of Enterprise Architecture processes and outcomes and drive the communication and marketing activities needed to ensure adoption and success.
Education: Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or an equivalent degree with experience equating to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
Experience: Equivalent experience with 8+ years of progressive experience in business or IT environment or advanced degree with 6+ years of progressive experience. Must have worked for at least 5 years in the CPG industry (preferably) as an IT architect.
Computer Skills: Advanced computer skills; assisting with the development of IT strategy and systems, this role may also include analyzing and designing complex changes to existing systems; software/ hardware architecture experience and expertise. A strong understanding of AWS and GCP cloud technologies and systems such as SAP.
Communication Skills: Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to interact, influence and work directly with IT and business leadership and partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Knowledge of many, if not most, aspects of an enterprise technology architecture.
- Knowledge of information principles and processes.
- Knowledge of IT governance, roadmaps and development of IT strategy.
- Organizationally savvy, with understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate obstacles and politics.
- Ability to balance the long-term (big picture) and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as waterfall, spiral, agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronize and stabilize, and DevOps). In depth understanding and knowledge with ability to define and govern IT standards and controls.
- Previous experience with a CPG company or within the Food Manufacturing industry is strongly desired.
Travel: 3-6 trips per year.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.