Sr Mgr Government Affairs
About the Role:
The Senior Manager, Government Affairs, will be responsible for policy development and advocacy before the U.S. Congress and other federal government agencies and will report to the Vice President, Government Affairs. In this role, he/she will be part of a dynamic team advocating for Tyson Foods’ business interests, implementing key strategies, strengthening critical relationships with Members of Congress and their staff- as well as other key stakeholders – working aggressively and strategically on multiple issues of critical importance to Tyson Foods. This position is crucial for creating and communicating an integrated government relations strategy to pave the way for Tyson Foods’ business success and growth. This role is based in Washington D.C.
- Drive strategy on critical issues and proactively identify opportunities and challenges to the company.
- Build and maintain relationships with key Members of Congress and staff to help grow the company’s outreach in specific constituencies and create new interest among others.
- Have a solid understanding of Congressional procedures and hold strong relationships with key committee Members.
- Be a team player who can work well internally not only with peers and government relations colleagues but also with senior executives and be able to operate in a very fast paced environment.
- Must be enthusiastic and creative and have high energy and unquestionable work ethic.
- Background/expertise in tax and trade is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in public policy, communications or business, or equivalent experience; advanced degree is a plus.
- 6 years of Government Relations/Capitol Hill/Public Policy/Lobbying experience.
- Accomplished oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with significant attention to detail.
- Ability to drive strategy on critical issues of importance to Tyson Foods.
- Ability to initiate and proactively identify opportunities to better position Tyson Foods in Washington and with critical internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to identify and mitigate challenges to the company.
- Keen political acumen and sound political judgement.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.