Innovation Manager - Foodservice
This role is responsible for management of the business activities related to innovation for our Poultry OR Prepared brands in foodservice distribution, and has responsibility to deliver an innovation pipeline for the brands/categories assigned. This role develops long and short-term strategies, new product and package ideas, and go-to-market approaches that will achieve corporate growth through innovation and deliver on profit, volume, and share objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement the innovation pipeline and innovation strategies feeding the long range and annual plans for assigned categories, reflecting overall corporate and business unit goals
- Lead development and execution of product and packaging innovation projects including concept development, feasibility validation, product and packaging R&D, business proposal and approval, project execution, customer sell in and tracking of in-market performance.
- Work within our innovation project management, packaging and specification systems to advance projects with the cross functional team.
- Act as liaison with all other corporate functions to ensure business initiatives receive necessary focus.
- Creatively identify opportunity areas for growth by effectively using syndicated research and trend data, primary market research and competitive intelligence.
- Develop meaningful consumer positioning for all innovation product lines that creates added value versus competitive and effectively communicate product advantages to consumers.
- Work collaboratively with Insights, Sensory, R&D, Customer Planning & Development, Sales Strategy & Planning, and the Business Unit to identify new ideas, build research and development plans, screen ideas and food and optimize our innovation offerings to meet consumer/operator needs and have a clear POD vs. our competitors.
- Work hand-in-hand with the sales and channel marketing organization to understand and integrate operator and/or distributor strategies into innovation pipeline. Proactively work with these partners on innovation forecast accuracy, maximization of opportunities and development of plans to deliver against JBP objective.
- Direct innovation agencies and other suppliers in the development and implementation of marketing strategies and programs
- Manage direct report(s), if applicable, training on innovation process and overseeing projects they own to ensure they stay on time and on track, and any issues that arise are resolved successfully.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or BBA preferred
- Experience: Minimum 3 years direct Product Innovation or Marketing experience
- Communication Skills: Strong communication and presentation skills are required
- Special Skills: Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of marketing and P&Ls, demonstrated strength in strategic thinking with a consumer and operator lens is required, demonstrated strong analytical skills are required, strong collaborator with a demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams, proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment is required.
- Supervisory: Experience managing direct reports valued, but not required
Relocation Assistance Eligible:Yes
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.