Box Office Associate (Part-Time)
The Momentary presents visual, performing, and culinary arts. The mission of the Momentary is to champion contemporary art’s role in everyday life and explore the unfolding story of contemporary American arts in an international context by actively commissioning and exhibiting outstanding works that explore new ideas and inspire action.
Position Title: Box Office Associate
Position Type: Part-Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Department: Box Office
Reports to: Front of House Manager, Box Office
The Box Office Associate provides outstanding customer service throughout the institution to all guests and members. This includes admission and membership-related activities, greeting guests at ticketed venues, serving as a resource for guest and member questions, and being an ambassador whose goal is to exceed the guest’s expectations during a visit. Associates perform these functions at a variety of locations including the Box Office Desk and performance entrance locations. This role consists of 20+ hours weekly, including evening and weekend hours on a regular basis. Some work includes staffing the outdoor venues.
- Provide excellent customer service to all members, guests and colleagues at Box Office locations throughout the institution, including our outdoor venues. This role includes evening and weekend hours.
- Interact directly with guests and members at locations throughout the institution to process their admissions, sell and renew memberships, answer questions, and serve as a resource during their visit.
- Relay information to members and guests about the current and future exhibitions, events, programs, and amenities.
- Become proficient with the ticketing software program, ticket scanners, and admission tablets used for ticketing and tracking of guest information.
- Accurately and efficiently conduct transactions at Box Office locations for admission, programs, events and/or membership.
- Assist guests with visit and ticketing options, suggest suitable alternatives when conflicts arise.
- Stay informed on new and current information regarding institutional offerings, products, policies, as well as software and ticketing systems
- Balance individual (own) cash drawer at the end of each shift and follow cash handling procedures at all times to ensure accurate accounting of all revenue.
- Assist the Box Office Shift Leads to research and successfully resolve guest services issues.
- Maintain an organized appearance of all Box Office locations and ensure that all materials and information displayed are current and well stocked.
- Assist with Box Office oriented tasks during performances, events, previews and at other times as requested.
- Attend all necessary staff meetings and communicate concerns as well as solutions to problems.
- Report to work punctually, dressed in a clean, pressed, approved uniform and fully prepared for each scheduled shift.
- Support the Retail Team and Protection Services as needed, to ensure that a high level of guest engagement is always maintained
- Perform all other departmental duties as assigned within the scope of responsibility and skills required for the job.
Education, Training, and Traits
- High School Diploma or GED and similar experience required; Associate’s degree from an accredited institute of higher learning preferred
- Enthusiasm about being a team member at a new major performing arts venue with a strong visitor-centered community dynamic
- Excellent attendance and punctuality. This role includes evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to be patient and flexible while also staying energized and focused on providing excellent customer service
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to use good judgement
- Ability to recognize customer service concerns and address professionally
- Good command of general computer applications and basic math skills
- Minimum 6+ months of experience in customer service or related industry preferred
- Prior experience working with computerized cash register system and accurately balance a cash drawer preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: Position requires working in Momentary Galleries for prolonged periods of time. This position requires standing, walking and climbing stairs, bending and stretching, and physical stamina to lift a minimum of 50 pounds unassisted. Position requires utilizing a computer for prolonged periods of time with good eye/hand coordination. This position requires visual acuity to review written materials is required for this job.
- Work Environment: The majority of work will be performed in Momentary spaces with some outdoor assignments, as needed. Additionally, Strong communication skills and ability to interact politely and effectively with a wide range of Momentary members, visitors, volunteers and staff. Effectively utilize Momentary communications system.
- Position requires ongoing flexibility in work hours due to events, staffing needs and other factors.
All offers of employment are contingent on your successful completion (where permitted by state law) of a confidentiality agreement and background check. The Momentary requires all employees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, or meet Arkansas state requirements, subject to accommodations. In addition, you will need to provide proper identification verifying your eligibility to work in the United States on your first day of work.
The Momentary is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.