Associate, Protection Services
The Momentary presents visual, performing, and culinary arts. The mission of the Momentary is to champion contemporary art’s role in everyday life and explore the unfolding story of contemporary American arts in an international context by actively commissioning and exhibiting outstanding works that explore new ideas and inspire action.
Position Title: Protection Services Associate
Position Type: Full-Time
FLSA Classification: NON-EXEMPT
Division: Operations and Administration
Department: Protection Services
Reports to: Protections Services Director, Manager, and Supervisors
The Protection Services Associate is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for Momentary members, guests, volunteers, staff, collections, facilities, and grounds. The Protection Associate will actively provide an experience of excellence that is both welcoming and invigorating.
Please note that the general schedule for this position may consist of a rotating shift. Hours may extend past 12:30 am and are subject to change depending on the needs of the Momentary.
- Present a welcoming demeanor to all guests and provide appropriate information as necessary to all who enter assigned areas.
- Interact with the public in a courteous and respectful manner while upholding Momentary policies.
- Circulate frequently through scheduled posts (interior and exterior) to deter acts of vandalism, theft or negligence and ensure the safety of guests; remain alert and watchful at all times.
- Provide protection for the Momentary and the premises from criminal activity, fire, and safety hazards in public and non-public spaces during operational hours, special events, programs, and holidays.
- Prepare Gallery objects for the day’s activities and regulate traffic flow internally and externally to ensure smooth operation of daily activities, special events, programs, and receptions (may be required to work events)
- Handle evacuations and difficult situations according to Momentary policy.
- Provide basic first aid and CPR in cases of accident or illness.
- Reports all suspicious conditions or persons; provide descriptions of violators of Museum policies; report accidents, injuries and/or hazardous conditions immediately.
- Prepare detailed Formal and Informal incident reports for all emergencies, serious incidents, or issues as directed by Department Leadership.
- Provide escorts for individuals going through the galleries before and after museum hours as directed by Department Leadership.
- Validate identification of guests, staff, and contractors.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and multiple priorities.
- Proactively seek and obtain information regarding Momentary policies/promotions, activities, and events in order to provide a high level of customer service
- Become familiar with Momentary buildings, grounds, and community to provide appropriate information and direction to guests
- Check email for schedule updates and museum notifications
- Drive Momentary company vehicles
- May be scheduled on occasion to work / train with the Protection Services team at Crystal Bridges Museum
Education, Training, and Traits
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Strong background in a customer service, public oriented environment
- Good verbal communication skills
- The ability to clearly speak and understand the English language (bi-lingual a plus)
- Basic computer skills required (checking email, sending email, navigate museum software/applications, etc.)
- Write clearly/legibly in English required
- Observant and friendly
- Utilizes good judgment
- Minimum of 1 years related experience and/or training in a customer service-oriented field.
- Previous security experience in a public environment preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting or leaning while on post will not be permitted.
- Physical demands: Position requires working in the Momentary Galleries and on the grounds for prolonged periods. This position requires standing, walking, and climbing stairs, bending, and stretching, and physical stamina to lift a minimum of 25 pounds unassisted. Ability to stand and walk for a minimum of three hours without a break. Sitting or leaning while on post will not be permitted.
- Work Environment: Work will be performed in Momentary spaces and grounds. Additionally, strong communication skills and ability to interact politely and effectively with a wide range of Momentary members, guests, volunteers, and staff. Momentary communications devices (Radios with earpiece speakers) will be utilized.
- Visual demands: Visual acuity to review written materials, observe large crowds and provide detailed descriptions is required for this job.
- Exposure: Position requires individuals to work in galleries and event venues that may have noise levels up to 85 decibels. Patrol duties will include interior and exterior responsibilities in all seasons and temperatures.
- Position requires ongoing flexibility in work hours due to events, staffing needs and other factors.
All offers of employment are contingent on your successful completion (where permitted by state law) of a confidentiality agreement and background check. The Momentary requires all employees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, or meet Arkansas state requirements, subject to accommodations. In addition, you will need to provide proper identification verifying your eligibility to work in the United States on your first day of work.
The Momentary is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.