Sous Chef at Preacher's Son
Led by Executive Chef Neal Gray, The Preacher’s Son offers unique and sustainably-sourced dinner service in a thoughtfully-restored historic church just steps from the Bentonville City Square. With an extensive wine list and incredible service, The Preacher’s Son is the perfect setting to celebrate life’s moments - both big and small - and the seasonality of Northwest Arkansas’s finest ingredients.
What You'll Do
The Preacher's Son Sous Chef reports directly to the Executive Chef and is responsible for planning and directing food preparation. The Culinary leadership team at Preacher's son is made up of the Executive Chef and two (2) Sous Chefs.
This role involves supervising and motivating culinary team members during the shift, effectively communicating with front-of-house managers and ensuring a high-quality product.
This a salaried, exempt role. Evening and weekend availability required.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for Full-Time Employees.
- 401k match for Full-Time/Part-Time Employees after 2 months of service (must be 21 years or older).
- Employer paid Short-Term/Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits.
- Paid Time Off + Company Holidays
- Maternity/Paternity Leave + Bereavement Leave
- Quarterly Bonus Potential
- Employee Assistance Program, Bicycle Share Program.
- 50% discount at Ropeswing establishments for employees and up to 1 guest.
Additional details concerning Benefits/Perks will be provided at time of employment.
- Ensure food quality while conscious of costs, and seasonal availability.
- Provide kitchen operations guidance to ensure compliance with Company resource management and speed of service standards.
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef to create seasonal menus and design new dishes.
- Track, record and replenish inventory, utilizing local and national sourcing outlets.
- Review the monthly P&L, scrutinizing costs to optimize profit margins without compromising quality.
- Ensure all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of consistency in delivering food product quality, competitive food and labor costs and ensuring menu direction aligns with the company’s vision.
- Focus on sustainability by sourcing local products through the development of relationships with local farmers and vendors to ensure high quality products are utilized in keeping with the vision for an authentically local approach to our venues
- Safeguard kitchen safety and sanitation management.
- Train staff on menu prep, portion control, and food handling techniques.
- Assist the Executive Chef in culinary and administrative functions as directed to ensure efficient kitchen operation.
- Communicate with the Front of House Managers.
- Self-manage. Follow attendance policy, clock in/out appropriately, adhere to dress code, be proactive in accomplishing duties, adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employment is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check.
- An Associate’s Degree in Business Administration Culinary Arts is preferred.
- Kitchen staff supervision experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years Chef experience in a high-volume kitchen. Upscale, Farm-to-Table culinary experience preferred.
- Knowledge of inventory tracking and par systems.
- Experience ordering food and supplies based on sales.
- Ability to schedule and manage labor appropriately.Ability to effectively manage diverse teams.
In our commitment to wellness in the community, Ropeswing is proud to offer a smoke-free environment for all of our guests and employees.
*Ropeswing is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity. All employment is based on merit, qualification, and business need.*