Baker at Ropeswing Hospitality Group
The Ropeswing Hospitality Group Baker plays a key role in ensuring the execution of quality prep work while adhering to established recipes and various preparation methods.
This is a great opportunity for an individual that is passionate about baking, a self-starter, committed to high-quality product output, and curious about made-from-scratch baking methods.
The Baker will work 7 am - 3 pm, Thursday - Monday. Schedule is subject to change, based on business needs. Weekend availability required.
Compensation: Starting Pay $17.00 per hour.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for Full-Time Employees.
- 401k match for Full-Time/Part-Time Employees after 2 months of service (must be 21 years or older).
- Employer paid Short-Term/Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits.
- Employee Assistance Program, Bicycle Share Program.
- 50% discount at Ropeswing establishments for employees and up to 1 guest.
Additional details concerning Benefits/Perks will be provided at time of employment.
- Delivering finished baked goods to Ropeswing properties via Company delivery truck.
- Prepare base ingredients for daily production of bakery items.
- Follow a given recipe and prepare various food items using different methods; Measuring and combining ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make baked goods, such as cookies, bread, cakes, etc.
- Decorating and displaying finished products.
- Testing ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each item meets food safety and quality controls.
- Stock and manage assigned food station(s) and ensure quality baked goods are served.
- Physically inspect all food sent from the kitchen and request food items and supplies that are needed.
- Understand and adhere to company's policies and processes, cooking methods, standard portion sizes, and kitchen rules and quality standards.
- Ensure work station area, including shelves, tables, ovens, refrigeration equipment, and flat top range are kept cleaned and sanitized.
- Ensure the proper storage of baking utensils.
- Properly store, rotate, and manage all food products following local, state, federal, and company guidelines and procedures.
- Promptly report equipment and food quality problems.
- Contribute to food safety through frequent hand-washing, completing food temperature checks, and following safety and sanitation practices.
- Ensure proper opening and closure of kitchen by following kitchen opening/closing checklists.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Minimum 2 year of baking experience in commercial/restaurant environment required.
- At least 3 years of baking experience preferred.
- Ability to satisfy background check and motor-vehicle check requirements.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Self-Starter and strong willingness to be part of a team.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Time Management; Able to execute duties with quality output, in a proactive manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to lift and carry heavy kitchen equipment.
In our commitment to wellness in the community, Ropeswing is proud to offer a smoke-free environment for all of our guests and employees.
*Ropeswing is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity. All employment is based on merit, qualification, and business need.*