Line Cook at Louise Cafe
What You'll Do
Under the direction of Executive Chef, Erik Scharberg, the Louise Cafe line cook plays a key role in ensuring quality line and prep work, while adhering to established recipes, various preparation methods, and efficient ticket times.
Louise Cafe is a modern all-day cafe in Thaden Fieldhouse that serves diner-style breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Louise Cafe has both indoor and outdoor seating facing an airport runway, providing incredible views of planes taking off and landing as our guests enjoy a great meal and dining experience.
Compensation: Starting pay $16.00 per hour. Opportunities to grow from within!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for Full-Time Employees.
- 401k match for Full-Time/Part-Time Employees after 2 months of service (must be 21 years or older).
- Employer paid Short-Term/Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits.
- Employee Assistance Program, Bicycle Share Program.
- 50% discount at Ropeswing establishments for employees and up to 1 guest.
Additional details concerning Benefits/Perks will be provided at time of employment.
- Follow a given recipe and prepare various food items using different methods and kitchen equipment such as ovens and grills.
- Stock and manage assigned food station(s) and ensure quality of food served. Physically inspect all food sent from the kitchen and request food items and supplies that are needed.
- Understand and adhere to company's policies and processes, cooking methods, standard portion sizes, and kitchen rules and quality standards.
- Ensure work station area, including shelves, tables, grills, ovens, refrigeration equipment, and flat top range are kept cleaned and sanitized.
- Keep Louise Cafe leadership and crew informed of ticket times, and attend to orders from guests promptly and efficiently and with a friendly attitude.
- Properly store, rotate, and manage all food products following local, state, federal, and company guidelines and procedures.
- Promptly report equipment and food quality problems to Manager on Duty.
- Contribute to food safety through frequent hand-washing, completing food temperature checks, and following safety and sanitation practices.
- Ensure proper opening and closure of kitchen by following kitchen opening/closing checklists.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Minimum 2 years Line Cook experience in commercial/restaurant environment required.
- 3 years experience in high-volume restaurant preferred.
- Self-Starter and strong willingness to be part of a team.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Time Management; Able to execute duties with quality output, in a proactive manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to lift and carry heavy kitchen equipment.
In our commitment to wellness in the community, Ropeswing is proud to offer a smoke-free environment for all of our guests and employees.
*Ropeswing is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity. All employment is based on merit, qualification, and business need.*