Prep and Line Cooks at Lady Slipper
Ropeswing Hospitality Group
What You'll Do
We're hiring for vibrant culinary talent, under the direction of Executive Chef, Arturo Solis at Lady Slipper in Downtown Bentonville.
The Lady Slipper Culinary Team plays a key role in ensuring quality line and prep work, while adhering to established recipes, various preparation methods, and efficient ticket times.
Executive Chef Arturo Solis’ menu of shareable plates roams from the Gulf Coast to Spain and Paris, channeling fun, fancy, and down-to-earth flavors. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone interested in working with unique ingredients, bold flavors and made-from-scratch cooking methods.
Line Cooks must have evening availability; Prep Cooks must have morning and afternoon availability.
Compensation: Starting pay $16.00 per hour. Opportunities to grow from within.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for Full-Time Employees.
- 401k match for Full-Time/Part-Time Employees after 2 months of service (must be 21 years or older).
- Employer paid Short-Term/Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits.
- Employee Assistance Program, Bicycle Share Program.
- 50% discount at Ropeswing establishments for employees and up to 1 guest.
- Follow a given recipe and prepare various food items using different methods and kitchen equipment such as ovens and grills.
- Stock and manage assigned food station(s) and ensure quality of food served.
- Understand and adhere to company's policies and processes, cooking methods, standard portion sizes, and kitchen rules and quality standards.
- Ensure work station area, including shelves, tables, grills, ovens, refrigeration equipment, and flat top range are kept cleaned and sanitized.
- Properly store, rotate, and manage all food products following local, state, federal, and company guidelines and procedures.
- Promptly report equipment and food quality problems to Manager on Duty.
- Contribute to food safety through frequent hand-washing, completing food temperature checks, and following safety and sanitation practices.
- Ensure proper opening and closure of kitchen by following kitchen opening/closing checklists.
- Minimum 1-2 years Kitchen Prep experience in commercial/restaurant environment required.
- 3 years experience prepping in high-volume restaurant preferred.
- Self-Starter and strong willingness to be part of a team.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Time Management; Able to execute duties with quality output, in a proactive manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to lift and carry heavy kitchen equipment.
In our commitment to wellness in the community, Ropeswing is proud to offer a smoke-free environment for all of our guests and employees.
*Ropeswing is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity. All employment is based on merit, qualification, and business need.*
Something looks off?