Medical Assistant - Surgical Associates Siloam Springs
Northwest Health System
Do you want to be a valued member of a team who plays a critical role in providing excellent care to patients in a hospital setting? If so, consider joining our team as a Medical Assistant at our Surgical Associates Clinic at Siloam Springs Regional Hospital.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
- Responsible for assisting the physician in providing direct patient care and health teaching designed to meet the age/developmental specific needs of the health care patients.
- Delivers quality care by offering excellent customer service by participating in a team centered approach towards patient care.
- Collaboration with the Physician and nursing staff regarding patient care, holistic care involving patient families, proficiency in order entry, providing clerical and patient related support in the functional areas of record keeping, scheduling, and utilizing knowledge of office policy and procedure, verification of patient demographics, patient record filing and retention, verification of physician orders, scheduling patients for appointments and referrals, preparation of patient for exam, patient billing and payments, meet and greet patients and maintain office supplies
Requirements for this Position:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum One (1) year experience in direct patient care.
- Prefer experience in phlebotomy and laboratory testing/specimen preparation.
- Excellent PC skills. BLS / CPR certification.
- Possess exceptional communication skills, critical thinking skills, and independent decision making skills.