Freestanding Emergency Department, FT Night RN
Northwest Health System
We are hiring now for our new facility in Bentonville West/Centerton. This facility is a 24/7 free-standing Emergency Room. This state of the art, newly built facility, is located at 1580 E. Centerton Blvd. Bentonville, AR 72719.
Emergency Registered Nurse, RN Job Functions:
- Triage patients who present to Emergency / Urgent Care, prioritizing care based on the critical nature and severity of a patient’s condition.
- Assess patient condition through visual evaluation, medication reconciliation, and vital sign measurements such as: blood pressure reading pulse rate, respiration, and temperature throughout the course of a patient’s stay in the facility
- Plan/implement: set priorities for nursing action in a logical sequence according to patient's needs and formulate a plan of care by the appropriate selection of Nurse Practice Standards.
- Administer medication and partner with other members of the patient care treatment team in the provision of procedures, interventions, discharge or admission processes, as prescribed by the treating physician.
- Monitor patients for changes in condition and communicates timely and effectively with those involved in the welfare, care or treatment of the patient in compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
- Chart all patient medical history, contact information, condition, medications, and treatment as well as update the electronic medical record throughout the patient stay in the Emergency Department.
- Assist the physician on duty in the examination and treatment of patients.
- Perform phlebotomy duties, basic laboratory procedures, wound cultures, Point of Care testing, EKGs, application of splints and other care interventions within scope of practice and direction of the practitioner.
- Discharge patients post treatment. Complete discharge instructions and provide thorough education, and instruction, to the patient and/or caregiver.
- Other duties as assigned or required, which may include floating to Bentonville Main Campus
Emergency Registered Nurse RN Job Requirements:
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse Program
- Preferred: BSN
- Minimum Required: One (1) year recent Emergency Room experience (within the last 3 years)
- Preferred: Three (3) years of experience in Critical Care; Two (2) years experience in an Emergency Department.
Licensure / Certification:
- Minimum Required:
- Registered Nurse License issued by the state of Arkansas by date of hire
- ACLS - within 30 days of hire
- PALS and/or ENPC - within 30 days of hire
- Certification in Emergency Nursing (CEN)