Part-Time Faculty, Teacher Education
NorthWest Arkansas Community College
NorthWest Arkansas Community College (NWACC) provides quality and affordable higher education to empower lives and strengthen communities within Northwest Arkansas and surrounding areas.
As the largest community college in Arkansas, NWACC is recognized as a leader in education. NWACC offers a full range of associate degrees, certificates and workforce training programs that prepare students for rewarding futures and careers.
NWACC employees are dedicated to fostering a diverse educational community and cultural learning environment that supports student success.Northwest Arkansas Community College is seeking qualified applicants for part-time and/or substitute instructors in this discipline. Applications will be kept on file for the fiscal year ending June 30. When a position becomes available, the hiring department will review the applications on file. After each fiscal year end the application will expire and a new application must be completed to remain in the applicant pool.
Email is the primary method that NWACC utilizes to communicate with its applicants.
Potential positions are available days, evenings, and online.
- Teaches assigned education courses, including preparation of course materials, class lectures, and in-class activities.
- Evaluates student progress through examination and assignments, including timely grading of student work.
- Maintain student progress and attendance records and provide reports as needed
- Respond to student and college emails in a timely manner.
- Attends scheduled faculty meetings each semester if necessary and participates in faculty development and training programs.
Rate of pay: $730 per credit hour
- A Master’s degree in Education or Special Education.
- Ability to use technology sufficiently to perform necessary job duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Experience with leadership at a community college or educational institution is a plus. Demonstrated teaching ability is the top priority. Instructional experience and leadership experience at a community college is a priority. Ability to use an on-line platform. On-line delivery of instruction, use of technology for instruction, and experience or interest in project based, service learning, or inquiry based learning will be given special consideration.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
• Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
• Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
NWACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.