Part-Time Faculty, Computer Aided Design (CAD)
NorthWest Arkansas Community College
NorthWest Arkansas Community College (NWACC) provides quality and affordable higher education to empower lives and strengthen communities within Northwest Arkansas and surrounding areas.
As the largest community college in Arkansas, NWACC is recognized as a leader in education. NWACC offers a full range of associate degrees, certificates and workforce training programs that prepare students for rewarding futures and careers.
NWACC employees are dedicated to fostering a diverse educational community and cultural learning environment that supports student success.
- Prepares materials for instruction and presentations.
- Explains subject concepts utilizing a variety of teaching methods and strategies.
- Develops your classroom management plan and shares with the students.
- Provides classroom instruction on demonstrating skills, assess student progress, and corrects any unsafe or poor techniques.
- Utilizes Success Planner to track daily attendance.
- Meets deadlines for reporting and grades.
- Maintains grade sheets for documentation.
Work is performed primarily during the evenings throughout the week (no weekends), Work is completed under limited supervision. Incumbent generally performs work in a typical classroom or laboratory setting with appropriate climate controls.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The instructor is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing CAD assignments; viewing data from a computer screen; extensive reading; etc.
Rate of pay: $730 per credit hour
Bachelor’s Degree or Professional Degree/Certification in any discipline that may include: CAD, Engineering, or Manufacturing. Also, must have 5-10 years’ experience and have technical proficiency in two software platforms that may include: AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks, or MasterCAM.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Experience with leadership at a community college or educational institution is a plus. Demonstrated teaching ability is the top priority. Instructional experience and leadership experience at a community college is a priority. Ability to use an on-line platform. On-line delivery of instruction, use of technology for instruction, and experience or interest in project based, service learning, or inquiry based learning will be given special consideration.
NWACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.