Part-Time Instructor- Contract Training, Business and Professional Development
NorthWest Arkansas Community College
NorthWest Arkansas Community College (NWACC) provides quality and affordable higher education to empower lives and strengthen communities within Northwest Arkansas and surrounding areas.
As the largest community college in Arkansas, NWACC is recognized as a leader in education. NWACC offers a full range of associate degrees, certificates and workforce training programs that prepare students for rewarding futures and careers.
NWACC employees are dedicated to fostering a diverse educational community and cultural learning environment that supports student success.This part-time position is responsible for teaching various business and professional development courses to the general public as well as to industry. The part-time faculty member is a member of the professional teaching staff and is ultimately responsible for effectively implementing the mission of the college.
- Prepare Syllabus and Course Schedule for Participants
- Prepare materials for instruction
- Make presentations and materials available to students after class sessions
- Explain subject concepts utilizing a variety of teaching methods and strategies to engage the learner and promote retention or application of material
- Utilize NWACC’s LMS if it is available, or some other cloud sharing system like Google Drive/Classroom (for storage of classroom materials and student collaboration)
- Develop classroom management plan and share with participants
- Provide recommended, pre-determined “office hours” for student support every week either on site, via phone, zoom, or other method when applicable
- Meet promptly at scheduled class times; this will vary based on courses taught
- Meet deadlines for reporting, including student attendance for CEU hours
- Communicate with NWACC Workforce Division the successful completion of each student
- Represent NWACC in a professional manner as a training provider on its behalf
- Regular, reliable and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others
Positions are available days, evenings, and weekends. Part-time positions are not an immediate hire. They are a resource for each department to go to for their immediate needs.
Rate of pay: $45 per hour
Instructor must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher as well as the requisite hours required to teach specific courses leading up to certification of the student (i.e. – MOS, PMP, Six Sigma, BLS, ALS, ELS, NCCER, AWS, PHR, A+, CCNA, CISSP).
Microsoft Office Specialist, Data Analytics
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Experience with leadership at a community college or educational institution is a plus. Demonstrated teaching ability is the top priority. Instructional experience and leadership experience at a community college is a priority. Ability to use an on-line platform. On-line delivery of instruction, use of technology for instruction, and experience or interest in project based, service learning, or inquiry based learning will be given special consideration.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
• Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
• Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
NWACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.