Part-Time Faculty, Respiratory Therapy
NorthWest Arkansas Community College
NorthWest Arkansas Community College (NWACC) provides quality and affordable higher education to empower lives and strengthen communities within Northwest Arkansas and surrounding areas.
As the largest community college in Arkansas, NWACC is recognized as a leader in education. NWACC offers a full range of associate degrees, certificates and workforce training programs that prepare students for rewarding futures and careers.
NWACC employees are dedicated to fostering a diverse educational community and cultural learning environment that supports student success.Northwest Arkansas Community College is seeking qualified applicants for part-time and/or substitute instructors in the Respiratory Therapy Program.
Applications will be kept on file for the fiscal year ending June 30. When a position becomes available, the hiring department will review the applications on file. After each fiscal year end the application will expire and a new application must be completed to remain in the applicant pool.
Email is the primary method that NWACC utilizes to communicate with its applicants. If you choose not to provide an email address, please note that you will need to log back into the system in order to obtain updates regarding your application.
- Supervise and train students to perform Respiratory Therapy (RT) in clinical practice at various clinical sites-travel required
- Ensure patient safety and adherence to policy and procedures of both NWACC and the clinical affiliate while on site
- Evaluate students and provide honest, constructive, feedback
- Communicate to the DCE student progress
- Input student data using various technologies
- Participate in faculty staff meetings and advisory board meetings
- Assist as needed in the RT laboratory and classroom
- Serve as a mentor to RT students
- Teach/explain/integrate RT students into the role of the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Rate of pay: determined by earned degree
- Certification/Licensure in Discipline: $22 per hour
- Licensure + AAS Degree: $28 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree: $31 per hour
- Master's Degree: $35 per hour
- Doctorate Degree: $37 per hour
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Competent Respiratory Therapy Practitioner
- Active NBRC credential of RRT
- Active Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) license in the state of Arkansas.
- 2+ years’ experience in respiratory therapy
- Pass a background check and drug screen annually
- High patient focus and commitment to continuous process improvement.
- Active BLS required.
- Be flexible, and possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Proficient with computers
Applicant must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist with at minimum 2 years of experience and hold an Associate degree in Respiratory therapy
Bachelor or Master degree preferred
Physical Demands/Work Environment
In order to successfully perform the job of an RT, the following physical demands are required (defined by the Dictionary of Occupational Titles and Classification of Jobs, 1992):
Frequently (activity or condition exist from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time):
- Performing small task with fingers
- Talking accommodation
- Near acuity
Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time):
- Field of vision
- Color vision
NWACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.