Part-Time Trainer, Plumbing Apprenticeship
NorthWest Arkansas Community College
NorthWest Arkansas Community College (NWACC) provides quality and affordable higher education to empower lives and strengthen communities within Northwest Arkansas and surrounding areas.
As the largest community college in Arkansas, NWACC is recognized as a leader in education. NWACC offers a full range of associate degrees, certificates and workforce training programs that prepare students for rewarding futures and careers.
NWACC employees are dedicated to fostering a diverse educational community and cultural learning environment that supports student success.North West Arkansas Community College is seeking qualified applicants to establish a pool for part-time and/or substitute instructors in this discipline. Applications will be kept on file for the fiscal year ending June 30. When a position becomes available, the hiring department will review the applications on file. After each fiscal year end the application will expire and a new application must be completed to remain in the applicant pool.
Email is the primary method that NWACC utilizes to communicate with its applicants. If you choose not to provide an email address, please note that you will need to log back into the system in order to obtain updates regarding your application.
- Lead the classroom instruction of plumbing apprentices appropriate to class/experience level.
- Share trade knowledge, experience and expertise with apprentices appropriate to class/experience level.
- Create and/or manage delivery of class curriculum adhering to standards outlined in Western Arkansas Apprenticeship Program’s Appendix A: Plumbing.
- Take regular attendance and report attendance to Director of Apprenticeship.
- Regular and punctual attendance by instructor is required.
- Provide a course syllabus to Director of Apprenticeship.
- Report any issues to the appropriate authorities.
- Recognize and respond effectively to emergencies following procedures set by NWACC.
- Share trade knowledge, experience and expertise with apprentices appropriate to class level
- Willingness to adjust or adapt delivery method of instruction as needed
**This instructor position is primarily needed for Plumbing 1 or Plumbing 2 class level at our Springdale campus, but may have opportunity to transition to Plumbing 3 or Plumbing 4 or to teach at an alternate location in future terms based upon program needs.**
Rate of pay: $35 per hour
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of 2006 Arkansas Plumbing Code
- Knowledge of 2006 Arkansas Gas Code
- Knowledge of current 2018 Arkansas Plumbing Code
- Knowledge of current 2018 Arkansas Gas Code
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn NCCER curriculum
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting with frequent interruptions and distractions; extended periods of time viewing computer monitor. The employee may be required to work or meet in the evenings and/or on weekends.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 50 lbs.; to operate office equipment which may require repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
High school diploma, current Arkansas Plumbing License (minimum Journeyworker) and 3-5 years’ work experience is required
- Completion credential from US DOL Registered Plumbing Apprenticeship
- Arkansas Journeyman or Master Plumber License or Reciprocal State Journeyman or Master Plumber license
- NCCER Certified Instructor
NWACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.