Part-Time Faculty, Adult Education
NorthWest Arkansas Community College
NorthWest Arkansas Community College (NWACC) provides quality and affordable higher education to empower lives and strengthen communities within Northwest Arkansas and surrounding areas.
As the largest community college in Arkansas, NWACC is recognized as a leader in education. NWACC offers a full range of associate degrees, certificates and workforce training programs that prepare students for rewarding futures and careers.
NWACC employees are dedicated to fostering a diverse educational community and cultural learning environment that supports student success.NorthWest Arkansas Community College is seeking qualified applicants to establish a pool for part-time and/or substitute instructors in this discipline (ESL and/or GED Instruction). Applications will be kept on file for the fiscal year ending June 30. When a position becomes available, the hiring department will review the applications on file. After each fiscal year end the application will expire and a new application must be completed to remain in the applicant pool.
Email is the primary method that NWACC utilizes to communicate with its applicants. If you choose not to provide an email address, please note that you will need to log back into the system in order to obtain updates regarding your application.
- Provide education and training in academic areas as specified in approved lesson/training plans at an approved off-site location.
- Represent the program in the community, identify resources, identify potential partners, be an advocate.
- Prepare specialized lesson plans and training plans and curriculum as needed.
- Create and/or modify teaching materials and learning aids for students with special needs.
- Maintain documentation of classes, evaluations, and other related information.
- Produce complete, accurate, and legible records of training and evaluations.
- Communicate effectively and clearly with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Have a strong sense of customer service principles.
- Enter student records and manage student information entered into the state adult education management information system.
- Monitor student attendance. Contact absent students as needed.
- Participate in program recruitment and retention activities.
- Administer student assessments.
- Participate in in-service training and staff meetings.
- Complete training required/sponsored by the Arkansas Department of Career Education, Division of Adult Education and by NWACC. This duty is performed each semester as scheduled by the sponsoring agency.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Rate of pay: $22 per hour
Bachelor’s degree is required and an Arkansas Teaching Cerfiticate is required.
Master’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Experience with leadership at a community college or educational institution is a plus. Demonstrated teaching ability is the top priority. Instructional experience and leadership experience at a community college is a priority. Ability to use an on-line platform. On-line delivery of instruction, use of technology for instruction, and experience or interest in project based, service learning, or inquiry based learning will be given special consideration.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
• Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
• Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
NWACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.