National Account Manager, eCommerce - Walmart
JM Smucker Company
Your Opportunity as National Account Manager, eCommerce – Walmart
You will have direct customer responsibilities and are accountable for building trusted customer relationships and collaborating cross-functionally to achieve sales objectives consistent with corporate targets. You will work closely with the Walmart Sales team, having a shared accountability to deliver segment sales and profitability goals, and leads the customer development strategy and activation for the eCommerce business which spans all Smucker categories.
Location: Smucker Sales Office in Bentonville, Arkansas
Work Arrangements: Hybrid Environment following our Presence with Purpose model
In this role you will:
Customer Management & Business Development
- Penetrate customer contacts to develop Smucker brands by focusing on adding value and facilitating the execution of strategic initiatives.
- Strengthen relationship with Customer teams by building interpersonal rapport, maintaining regular contact, and leading sales calls, while partnering with sales team to deliver on customer objectives.
- Analyze and understand key business trends and customer KPI’s to develop and negotiate plans to deliver targeted metrics; proactively recommend solutions to deliver growth objectives in a timely manner.
- Identify and negotiate for channel growth opportunities, and co-creates new programs and initiatives, i.e., test participation, embeds new tools and capabilities.
- Subject matter expert for Walmart, Inc. omni commerce, JMS enterprise strategy, and category principles, responsible for managing online presence, brand integrity and quality of the digital shelf across all customer platforms.
- Serve as administrator on customer-specific portals, and manage communication of all products, pricing, commercial terms, policy, and allowance changes to customer.
- Manage and maintenance WMT & Sam’s Club content PDPs, and ratings and reviews. Work closely with different teams (content syndication, ICX, brand, and sales) to provide updated content to maintain WMT and Sam’s Club standards.
Execution and Alignment
- Develop & execute account plans to achieve annual objectives and key DSMP sales priorities.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to regularly analyze performance, optimize plans, create alignment, and identify new opportunities to achieve sales, growth and brand objectives.
- Negotiate and manage trade investments to ensure Smucker funds are effectively invested to achieve optimal performance, while operating within budget and trade guidelines
- Influence key stakeholders to implement solutions through fact-based presentations that deliver results that are beneficial for both companies.
- Represent eCommerce within monthly/quarterly business reviews, and annual sales planning process.
- Partners with customer & cross-functional team to develop accurate consumption and shipment forecasts, and to ensures that Smucker systems are updated to deliver on forecast accuracy targets.
- Monitor and report on competitive eCommerce activity.
- Maintain outlook on industry best practices and embed a continuous improvement mindset.
The Right Place for You
We are bold, kind, strive to do the right thing, we play to win, and we believe in a strong community that thrives together. Our culture is rooted in our Basic Beliefs, and we believe in supporting every employee by meeting their physical, emotional, and financial needs.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years’ experience in eCommerce, Digital Marketing, and/or Sales within the Consumer Products Group Industry
- 2+ years of budget planning and/or budget management
- Experience calling on account headquarters interfacing with key buyers/category managers and top management
- Prior experience utilizing and interpreting syndicated Point of Sales (POS) data (ex. Nielsen, IRI, Profitero, Luminate)
- Proficiency in MS-Office software suite
- Attention to detail with the ability to think strategically and communicate with influence
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
Additional skills and experience that we think would make someone successful in this role:
- Masters of Business Administration
- Proficiency using trade planning management systems
- Strong prioritization and organization skills
Learn more about working at Smucker:
- Our Total Rewards Benefits Program
- Our Thriving Together Philosophy Supporting All Impacted by Our Business
- Our Continued Progress on Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
Follow us on LinkedIn®