Manager II, Application Development
J.B. Hunt Transport
Job Title:Manager II, Application Development
Department:Engineering & Science
Country:United States of America
Full/Part Time:Full time
Job Summary:Under general direction, this position is responsible for managing a team that is tasked with creating, modifying, testing and implementing technologies to meet the business' demand. This position is responsible for structuring project work amongst the team, prioritizing projects to meet various development stages and execute new on schedule.
We are looking for a Manager II in our Engineering & Technology department who will lead team of developers within our Applications development organization.
- Provides limited input into informing project budgets by requesting necessary resources; capable of informing project scopes and timelines
- Drives the execution of a limited number of projects by employing implementation practices in order to achieve project goals
- Communicates and exemplifies organizational culture within employee base Manages employee development by evaluating goal progress, providing feedback, and employing development techniques to enable employees to realize their potential
- Ensures team adherence to company policies, procedures, and standards by coaching employees in required practices or applying corrective actions
- Builds relationships between and collaborates with management roles within the company to support department effectiveness
- Collaborates with key stakeholders by evaluating project results in order to ensure that expected outcomes are occurring
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration/Management, Information Technology, or related field, or foreign equivalent, or suitable combination of education, experience and training;
- Plus 2 years of Project Management or IT Management experience.
- Agile/Scrum SDLC expertise
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
Education:Bachelors: Business Administration/Management (Required), Bachelors: Computer Engineering (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required)
Work Experience:Management-Mid Level, Project Management
Job Opening ID:00515189 Manager II, Application Development (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.