Director I, Employment Litigation & Regulatory Counsel
J.B. Hunt Transport
Job Title:Director I, Employment Litigation & Regulatory Counsel
Department:Legal, Compliance & Audit
Country:United States of America
Full/Part Time:Full time
Job Summary:The Director of Employment Litigation & Regulatory Counsel will investigate, document, and litigate cases resulting in employment-related litigation arising out of claims, and catastrophic claims likely to result in employment-related litigation. This position will work closely with the HR Compliance in consultation and recommendations on employment related issues. This position is responsible for advising the Company on advanced litigation & regulatory matters.
Independently evaluate, manage and litigate the Company’s exposure to risk (legal, damage, other liability) by ensuring employment litigation claims against it are thoroughly examined and litigated to minimize financial loss and diminished reputation against the Company.
Providing guidance on matters alleging or involving agency Complaints, EEOC charges, Wage/Hour actions, Discrimination, Retaliation, Wrongful Termination, Class Actions, Whistleblower allegations, OSHA investigations and manage all subpoena and other record requests for employment related issues.
Negotiate with plaintiff attorneys, insurance companies, other third parties, etc., to resolve employment related matters.
Stay apprised on latest trends and litigation techniques, including attending seminars, continuing legal education and related activities.
Advise and provide employment related guidance to company personnel and business units.
Juris Doctorate with 8+ years of employment litigation experience.
- Experience on providing guidance on matters alleging or involving agency Complaints, EEOC charges, Wage/Hour actions, Discrimination, Retaliation, Wrongful Termination, Class Actions, Whistleblower allegations, OSHA investigations and manage all subpoena and other record requests for employment related issues
- Ability to form strong arguments and defend a position professionally
- Ability to maintain professionalism while dealing with difficult individuals
- Ability to make independent, time-sensitive decisions
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Experience working in claims
- Proficient active listening skills
- Ability to influence business leaders and impact decision-making
- Experience in the transportation industry
- Experience managing/supervising a team
Education:Doctorate: Law (Required), GED (Required), High School (Required)
Work Experience:Legal, Management-Mid Level, Real Estate, Transportation/Logistics
Job Opening ID:00519953 Director I, Employment Litigation & Regulatory Counsel (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.