J.B. Hunt Transport
Job Title:Trailer Technician
Country:United States of America
Full/Part Time:Full time
Job Summary:Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for performing intermediate level maintenance, service, and repair of J.B. Hunt trailers, containers, chassis and other equipment. Technicians must be able to troubleshoot issues and complete all fleet maintenance processes and ensure that units meet J. B. Hunt specifications at all times. This position has the possibility to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends in addition to overtime; it requires full-time attendance.
Come join a team where family comes first and safety matters!
New Competitive Pay Scales!
10% Shift Differential Potential
$150 Yearly Boot Allowance
40 hour guaranteed
Our Lowell location has been 3-year accident free! Win a yearly monetary award!
Employee assistance program
Vacation, Sick, & Personal time
Paid Parental Leave
Medical, Dental and Vision
Be proud to come to work in a clean professional environment with vast opportunities for growth and advancement!
Applicants can be considered for I, II, or Sr. Trailer Technician depending on verified years of experience and position availability.
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of preventative maintenance, replacement of parts/components, and more difficult repairs as it pertains trailer maintenance, air brake systems and FHWA Inspections May aid in the troubleshooting and repair of specialized trailer equipment such as refrigerated units May assist with the onboarding and mentoring of new Trailer Technician trainees
- Participate in Original Equipment Manufacture training for OE repairs
- Troubleshoot trailer issues; work independently and seek assistance as needed
- Understand and effectively follow all shop safety procedures
- Maintain professional communication with JB Hunt personnel and customers at all times
- Accurately perform intermediate level repairs to company and manufacturer's specifications, complete work orders, and demonstrate understanding of company requirements for standard repair times (SRT) and warranty guidelines
- 18 years of age.
- 1-2 years of experience in Semi-Trailer maintenance and repair and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience; willingness to work outdoors, in the elements, on 1st shift and/or weekends if needed.
- Basic tools are required to successfully perform this role. These tools must be supplied by the employee in most locations. Employees without their own tools may obtain them through toolbox purchase program.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance up to 50 pounds)
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to read documents and/or information in English
- Ability to wear appropriate work attire (protective gear/PPE)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of ABS systems
- Proficient active listening skills
- Proficient computer skills and/or comfortable working with a computer
- Proficient deductive reasoning skills
- Proficient organizational skills
- Proficient problem-solving skills
- Proficient time management skills
- Proficient welding skills (MIG and stick)
Education:GED, High School
Job Opening ID:00517731 Trailer Technician (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.