Associate Buyer Feed Ingredients Purchasing
SUMMARY: The Associate Buyer, Feed Ingredients Purchasing performs purchasing functions to ensure cost-effective purchases, product quality, and timeliness of supply chain; accuracy of cost and adherence to contracts and transparency of cost information to all related internal customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor inventories to maintain an overall cost-effective operation.
- Coordinate the logistics of receiving, inventory, and use of purchased materials to satisfy the needs of feed production.
- Interact with outside vendors in the pursuit of cost saving, highest quality, technical information, and logistics, to facilitate the purchasing function and enhance profitability.
- Monitor all aspects of the purchasing and use of feed ingredients in the continual search for greater efficiency and profitability.
- Evaluate the potential use and cost of alternative feed ingredients.
- Coordinate with live production and nutrition to ensure that appropriate feed ingredients are available.
- Seek out cost reductions through innovative purchasing techniques and employee training.
This position will not have supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Minimum 1 year of Feed Ingredients Purchasing experience in buying, purchasing, or related field
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to address groups and facilitate presentations
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Company: Georges Inc
Position: Associate Buyer Feed Ingredients Purchasing
Status: Full Time
Shift: First (Day)
Req #: 9567232
Date Posted: December 06, 2023
Location: 402 W. Robinson Avenue, Springdale, US, AR, 72764
Job Category: Procurement