2024 Spring Marketing Intern
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
The mission of Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is to welcome all to celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the power of art with the beauty of nature. Founded by philanthropist and arts patron Alice Walton, Crystal Bridges is a public non-profit charitable organization.
Position Title: 2024 Spring Marketing Intern
Position Type: Paid Intern
Division: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Associate Marketing Strategy Direct
Crystal Bridges is a museum of American art located in Bentonville, Arkansas. We explore the unfolding story of America by actively collecting, exhibiting, interpreting, and preserving outstanding works that illuminate the American heritage and artistic possibilities.
We are passionate about transforming lives through experiences that encourage the discovery of new ideas, expanded dreams, and inspired actions.
As an intern at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, you will be empowered to think creatively, ask questions, and make suggestions to help move the institution forward.
The Marketing Internship with Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is the perfect opportunity for a college student or recent high school graduate to round out their resume with campaign development and execution, project management, as well as marketing strategy, and brand management practices.
The Marketing intern will learn how marketing supports institutional goals and objectives, and successfully position Crystal Bridges and the Momentary to a range of audiences and stakeholders while collaborating across a full team of brand communications, content, creative, production and digital media specialists.
Sample hands-on tactics will include research, planning, asset and information coordination, reporting and promotional support for programs, exhibitions and other offerings. Intern performance will be evaluated on the ability to meet deadlines, follow-through, and contribute workable solutions to marketing challenges.
Principle Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
This is the perfect opportunity for an intern studying or interested in studying Communications, Marketing and/or Public Relations!
The intern selected for this amazing opportunity will gain the following knowledge:
- Participate in brainstorms and discussion aiding in the strategic development and marketing tactics
- Market and Trend research
- Reporting and analysis on marketing activity
- Process and planning documentation maintenance.
- Ability to assist in executing marketing strategies and objectives with propriety
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with using computers and the Internet as research and communications tools
- Ability to accept and synthesize constructive critique of work
- Intern must sign a confidentiality agreement
- Applications due November 10, 2023
- Intern selected by December 1st, 2023
- Anticipated Start Date: January 22, 2024.
- Monday, January 22, 2024 thru Friday, April 26, 2024
- Weeks: Duration of approximately 14 weeks
- Undergraduate Intern up to 20 hours per week
- Graduate Intern up to 25 hours per week
- Weekly schedule to be arranged with direct supervisor
- Letter of Interest
- Why are you interested in this internship opportunity and how will this internship assist you?
- If you do not have any previous work history, please mention any work, volunteering, or extracurricular activities you have performed or participated in.
- Letter of Recommendation
- At least one letter of recommendation; please submit a maximum of two.
Undergraduate Interns: $13.00 an hour
Graduate Interns: $14.00 an hour
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: In the work environment described below, position requires work at a desk, utilizing a computer and a telephone for prolonged periods of time, good eye/hand coordination, bending and stretching for filing, and physical stamina to lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a height of at least three feet for file and materials storage as appropriate for the demands of the office. Visual acuity to review written materials is required for this job.
- Work environment: Work will be performed in an office environment and museum spaces. The noise level in the museum work environment is usually low to moderate.
- If the intern’s personal equipment is used, the museum accepts no liability for any damage caused to said equipment while being used for museum purposes, nor loss or corruption of electronic files on devices.
All offers of employment are contingent on your successful completion (where permitted by state law) of a confidentiality agreement and background check. Crystal Bridges requires all employees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, or meet Arkansas state requirements, subject to accommodations. In addition, you will need to provide proper identification verifying your eligibility to work in the United States on your first day of work.
Crystal Bridges is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.