2024 Spring Trails and Grounds Intern
Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
The mission of Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is to welcome all to celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the power of art with the beauty of nature. Founded by philanthropist and arts patron Alice Walton, Crystal Bridges is a public non-profit charitable organization.
Position Title: 2024 Spring Trails and Grounds Intern- Building Landscapes
Position Type: Paid Intern
Division: Grounds Operation
Department: Trails and Grounds
Crystal Bridges is a museum of American art located in Bentonville, Arkansas. We explore the unfolding story of America by actively collecting, exhibiting, interpreting, and preserving outstanding works that illuminate the American heritage and artistic possibilities.
We are passionate about transforming lives through experiences that encourage the discovery of new ideas, expanded dreams, and inspired actions.
As an intern at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, you will be empowered to think creatively, ask questions, and make suggestions to help move the institution forward.
- Work with Trails and Grounds team to design a small landscape on campus. A budget will be allotted, and the intern will work to stay within the budget. Go through the process with us of landscape planning including plant selection, basic planting design and site preparation. Install complete landscape with our Trails and Grounds team if the intern is still with us at planting date.
Principle Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Intern will participate in team projects and tasks as well as working to complete a landscape design in cooperation with horticulture managers.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Basic general computer skills required
- Possess a strong commitment to customer service
- Highest ethics as they relate to all aspects of business
- Ability to work independently and with initiative
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Basic knowledge and documented skill in turf care, arboriculture, ornamental plant maintenance, and basic small engine operation and maintenance
- Month: Spring Cohort
- Weeks: 14 weeks
- Hours: Up to 20 hours per week.
- Weekly schedule to be arranged with direct supervisor
- Applications due: November 10, 2023
- Intern selected by: December 1, 2023
- Anticipated Start Date: January 22, 2024
- Internship End Date: April 26, 2024
- Cover Letter
- At least one letter of recommendation; please submit a maximum of two.
- Undergraduate: $13.00 per hour
- Graduate: $14.00 per hour
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting or leaning while on post will not be permitted.
- Physical demands: Work is very strenuous, requiring standing and walking 95% of the time, with kneeling, crouching, turning/twisting, and reaching required for the majority of job activities. Must be able routinely to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Majority of work is performed outdoors where worker is subject to climate changes and inclement weather. At times, worker will be exposed to potential hazards associated with use of mechanical tools and pesticides common to gardening, landscaping and lawn care.
All offers of employment are contingent on your successful completion (where permitted by state law) of a confidentiality agreement and background check. Crystal Bridges requires all employees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, or meet Arkansas state requirements, subject to accommodations. In addition, you will need to provide proper identification verifying your eligibility to work in the United States on your first day of work.
Crystal Bridges is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.