Supply Chain Development Associate - Quality Track
The Quality Development Associate (QDA) Program, with focus on Quality Assurance and Management, provides an accelerated training program for college graduates who are at the top tier of their class and have proven the ability to excel in today’s fast-paced manufacturing environment. The program will provide graduates, who wish to pursue a career in Quality Management – Supply Chain, the opportunity to get exposed to the various facets of Quality and Supply Chain within a diverse manufacturing organization. The Quality Development Program is designed to provide the company with future Quality leaders who will contribute to the organization’s continuous improvement. The QDP will build on associate’s technical skill by providing exposure to experienced professionals through various manufacturing and division locations.
Assignments will typically last 18-24 months but will vary based on several factors including business needs and participant’s career aspirations. During the program, associates will work as part of a team to identify, manage, and execute the plant’s process improvement opportunities.
- Assure the products meet and/or exceed the requirements specified by our internal and/or external customers including government regulations
- Ensure required information for products, policies and procedures are documented, updated, and available when requested
- Conduct analysis for data trends on raw material, work in process, and finished product. Analyze trends and/or process control opportunities and challenges.
- Learn core-responsibilities in the ConAgra Performance System (CPS)
- Lead, Manage and execute plant Quality processes
- Create and lead an engaged team oriented workforce
- Coach plant resources in the implementation of the improvement methodology.
- Support continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost and customer service.
- Manage and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team oriented work force in order to improve business results.
- Manage production or quality staff to attain production and quality goals.
- Identify problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues.
- Ensure production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules.
- Develop implementation plans and standards and/or leads the planning and implementation for one or more critical improvement processes.
- Provide training and qualifies plant resources. Tracks implementation and qualified resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food/Nutritional Sciences, Biological Sciences (Meat Science, Packaging, Microbiology, etc.), and / or Engineering (or other technical degrees), or related discipline. Candidates need to have a mechanical aptitude.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above strongly preferred.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Desire to grow within the supply chain - quality function
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Knowledge of statistical process control.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Proven leadership ability (i.e. collaboration, influencing & problem solving skills)
- Strong time management and follow-through skills
- Ability to react to day to day situations without losing sight of strategy
- Financial Aptitude (i.e. budget management, cost driver understanding)
- Ability to relocate within 18-24 months
- Ability to travel up to 20%
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender's®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.