Director of Finance and Accounting
Circle of Life Hospice
- Springdale, AR, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 403b, 2 Self Care Days, and generous PTO
General Description: Responsible for overseeing enterprise wide payables, receivables, financial reporting, bank account management, purchase requisition processes and all other finance related matters.
License, Skills, and Knowledge: CPA License preferred or Audit experienceActive and unrestriced CPA license, with at least 3 years of progressive accounting experience; 5 years office management experience preferred. Knowledge of local, state & federal regulations related to the accounting practices of healthcare. Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel are critical. Critical thinking with strong decision making for processing information, analyzing data, and documenting information appropriately is imperative to stay within accounting guild lines and policies. Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Directs the design, maintenance and monitoring of an accounting system including accounts payable, accounts receivables, payroll and general ledger.
- Prepares the monthly and annual financial statements and ensures the filing of quarterly payroll tax returns via payroll vendor.
- Directs and coordinates all insurance reimbursement activity such as with Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance forms.
- Prepare annual financial statements and work with independent auditors to coordinate the audit process and provide required back-up in order to verify statements.
- Prepares data for audits and oversees audit process.
- Oversees patient billing and collection functions.
- Coordinates the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual cost analyses, and third-party payer reimbursement reports, including PIP reports and the annual Medicare Cost Report.
- Prepares department budget, monitors, and makes adjustments as needed.
- Monitors and reports variances for department actual versus budget.
- Monitors and reports other financial data on a regular basis, as needed.
- Oversees contract negotiation for contracting with payers and suppliers.
- Reviews contracts that may contain referral and payment issues, which might violate anti-kickback statute or physician self-referral prohibition and other regulation requirements.
- Monitors the purchasing activities for the accounting department.
- Ensures prompt deposit and full and accurate recording of all monies received.
- Manages the preparation of monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts to ensure time
- Directs and manage the coordination and preparation of filing of all tax returns and other related financial filings for local, state and federal requirements.
- Oversees the preparation of the monthly Department Revenue and Expense reports for review.
- Promotes positive employee engagement, teamwork, and mutual respect and safety work practices.
- Assists CFO with any other projects as needed.
- Demonstrates compassion, empathy, and patience when interacting with patients, families, co-workers, and members of the public.
- Represents Circle of Life to the community in a positive manner.
- Demonstrates flexibility, versatility and a positive attitude in integrating additional duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.