Senior Project Manager
Bentonville, AR, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Blue Crane, a development and real estate company headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, is seeking a skilled, highly motivated, and entrepreneurial/self-starter to join the Development team. The ideal teammate will demonstrate the ability to support stakeholders in a multi-disciplinary role.What you would do
- Provide support and report to the Directors of Development.
- Enhance Blue Crane’s culture by accepting ownership, exploring new possibilities, and adding value to the organization.
- Provide leadership to project managers and ensure that projects are completed with high quality, on time, and within budget.
- Lead and assist in developing projects and programs to establish quality objectives.
- Assemble a project team of consultants to work with to create feasibility studies for potential projects.
- Manage teams through all phases of cycle development, including financial analysis, project feasibility, project design and development, construction completion, equipment installation, and final delivery.
- Manage multiple projects individually and as a team, all simultaneously.
- Create project approval memos that effectively communicate ideas, goals, and visions of the request.
- Develop and manage budgets for development projects with Blue Crane’s investment team.
- Communicate project status to the Director of Development.
- Participate in all design and construction document phases to ensure adherence to Blue Crane’s quality, design, and budget expectations.
- Communicate and manage all issues and risks affecting the projects and work with relevant parties to develop and implement solutions.
- Develop relationships with City officials to work together successfully.
- Prepare and review construction contracts for general contractors.
- Interview and hire contractors for projects.
- Formulate preliminary cost estimates based on design, materials, and labor requirements.
- Review and negotiate change orders.
- Review pay applications to ensure conformance with construction progress.
- Maintain a strong understanding of business strategies, goals, and missions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university focusing on Construction Management, Business Finance, or Architecture.
- 15+ years of progressively responsible experience in project management , real estate development, finance, and construction. Direct experience in real estate development or construction is required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and react quickly in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with various officials, consultants, and community groups.
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative thinking, solid organization, and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of real estate.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, balance priorities and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- You are passionate about our mission to sustainably develop and transform Northwest Arkansas into a dynamic lifestyle community with a unique culture reflecting our heritage and natural beauty.
- You are a team player and show respect and professionalism while collaborating with others.
- You act as a trusted advisor to principals and colleagues while demonstrating expertise, integrity, and most of all good judgement.
- You possess an owner/operator mentality.
- You are an inquisitive lifelong learner who solves problems with bold thinking and innovation.
- You respect and value Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging in the workplace and the community.
- A mission-based team and meaningful work.
- A wide variety of engaging, unique real estate projects that will positively impact this community and thousands of people.
- Long-term organizational growth and flexibility that will create career growth opportunities.
- The opportunity to substantially impact a rapidly growing and developing region. Northwest Arkansas is the No. 4 best place to live in the country according to the U.S. News & World Report’s 2021-2022 ranking, and the region saw 21.5% population growth since 2010 (faster than 95 of the top 100 MSAs).
- Competitive salary
- Employee health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid STD and LTD
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid holidays (12)
- Generous PTO (in addition to paid holidays)
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Wellness reimbursement benefit
- Bicycle incentive program
- Tuition reimbursement