Principal Innovation Designer
Arvest Bank Group
Position is Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm with the ability to work additional hours as project needs demand.
Incumbent should be located within the Arvest 4 State Footprint (AR, KS, MO, OK).
Remote work options may be available outside of the 4-state footprint upon further review during the interview process.
Pay is based on a number of factors including the successful candidate’s job-related knowledge and skills, qualifications, and prior experience. Arvest offers a comprehensive suite of benefits, including a full range of health and life, financial, and wellness benefits. For more information about benefits, please visit www.arvest.com/careers/benefits.
The story of Arvest is one of commitment started by our founders in 1961, with an intense dedication to focusing on our customers. We will always be active and involved members of the communities we serve, and we will always work to put the needs of our customers first as we continue to fulfill our mission – People helping people find financial solutions for life.
Job Title: Principal Innovation Designer
A Principal Innovation Designer leverages significant experience in User Experience (UX) architecture, design, and research in leading and delivering work and providing mentorship across these domains. They have responsibility for leading UX innovation workstreams to identify and develop new products and services for Arvest customers and the definition and advancement of new products or services to deliver that value. They define, lead, and contribute to cross-functional projects and associated design and research activities, synthesize and prioritize learnings and next-steps, support development and delivery of business cases for investment, and build relationships across all areas of the business inclusive of senior leadership.
A Principal Innovation Designer operates as the subject matter expert in UX and User Interface (UI) design, while actively collaborating with strategy, research, product, engineering, and business stakeholders across all project phases including research and evaluation, product design, and final development. They drive a continuous improvement environment, proactively staying abreast of industry trends and innovation, and integrating knowledge and learnings by introducing new processes, tools, approaches, and systems to senior leadership.
We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
What You’ll Do at Arvest: (Other duties may be assigned.)
● Lead and contribute to lean-startup and Human Centered Design sprints and projects.
● Actively conduct UX research to support new product and service ideation and development.
● UI design for concepts ranging from sketch-level into fully conceived product mockups with associated features.
● Design and build executive pitch decks to support investment decisions in new products and services; craft compelling narratives and visuals to tell and sell the story and the business opportunity.
● Partner in conducting user research to define and refine problems to solve, solution concepts, key value propositions, and go-to-market requirements.
● Present UX research and design approaches and accompanying findings to the business inclusive of executive leadership.
● Collaborate with product, engineering, and business stakeholders to ensure the project priorities and requirements align with the vision and strategy of business and customer priorities.
● Collaborate with the Design Language team to ensure the Design Language System (DLS) meets the needs of product and engineering partners.
● Create and test mockups and prototypes, validating design choices based on research and functional requirements.
● Organize and lead cross-functional teams to successfully create and implement MVP designs for new products and services.
● Guide UX Architects to design wireframes and mockups from user flow diagrams and data to visualize intuitive user journeys.
● Simplify complex systems and large volumes of data/content into easily understandable requirements and recommendations.
● Provide UX QA assistance during design implementation.
● Translate business requirements into user stories to guide the development process.
● Drive a continuous improvement environment, proactively staying abreast of industry trends and innovation, and integrating knowledge and learnings by introducing new processes, tools, approaches, and systems to senior leadership.
● Provide strategic insights to cross-functional partners on how design best practices and industry standards can best enable optimal design outcomes.
● Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
Toolbox for Success:
● Bachelor’s degree in Interaction/Visual/UX Design, Interactive Media, Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Digital Design, Visual Communications, Marketing, or a related field of study, or equivalent work or military experience.
● 9 years of relevant industry experience.
● 2 years of demonstrated success in motivating a team to achieve project or program level objectives leveraging communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
● Experience providing deep SME experience and innovation in Design/XD and related engagements.
● Experience creating design systems, style guides, and other collateral that spans multiple products, delivery channels and companies.
● Demonstrated ownership of large, complex or highest-profile concepts, often impacting an entire organization.
● Experience proposing and owning key features/components of the product experience.
● Experience creating iconic work which sets trends and standards with industries or product groups.
● Experience designing novel and innovative solutions to complex problems.
● Experience developing original, complex workshops and/or collaborative design sessions.
● Experience speaking to the C-Suite.
● Experience leading and supporting one or more project design teams and providing strategic oversight to products/services.
● Experience mentoring other UX professionals.
● Experience working with and advocating for the application of inclusivity and accessibility.
● Experience managing a design system.
● Strong proficiency with Microsoft Suite and Google Workspace.
● Ability to cultivate and sustain strong cross-functional working relationships with key partners at all levels of the business.
● Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to synthesize research and testing data and apply to design activities.
● Strong planning, prioritization, and project management skills to handle multiple concurrent projects.
● Exceptional facilitation, presentation / storytelling, communication, and interpersonal skills to convey complex recommendations to non-technical stakeholders.
● Collaborative and team-oriented attitude, with the ability to lead projects in a matrix organization.
● Ability to use compelling arguments to influence and gain the support and commitment of others.
● Ability to anticipate and effectively respond to rapidly shifting priorities, change, and adoption in new ways of working.
● Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service members.
● Familiarity with working in a Lean Startup environment.
● Experience acting as a thought leader and trusted advisor to senior leadership.
● Experience applying prior awareness assessment and evaluation skills (heuristic evaluation, cognitive walkthrough, etc.)
The associate must be able to travel occasionally by themselves within the US, possibly overnight. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits packages, and significant professional growth.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our associates are engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our associates. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
**Pay Range: **$124360 - $147678 per year