Principal Software Engineer
Arvest Bank Group
We are seeking a Rockstar Principal Software Engineer to join our amazing Product Engineering teams at Arvest. You will play a key role in designing and leading the delivery of innovative Banking Products. This role is instrumental in influencing the success of Arvest’s transformational journey. The ideal candidate will have stellar experience building and shipping banking products at scale leveraging modern cloud based tools and technologies.
Position is Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm with the ability to work additional hours as project needs demand.
Incumbent should be located within the Arvest 4 State Footprint (AR, KS, MO, OK). Remote work options may be available outside of the 4-state footprint upon further review during the interview process.
Pay is based on a number of factors including the successful candidate’s job-related knowledge and skills, qualifications, and prior experience. Arvest offers a comprehensive suite of benefits, including a full range of health and life, financial, and wellness benefits. For more information about benefits, please visit www.arvest.com/careers/benefits.
The story of Arvest is one of commitment started by our founders in 1961, with an intense dedication to focusing on our customers. We will always be active and involved members of the communities we serve, and we will always work to put the needs of our customers first as we continue to fulfill our mission – People helping people find financial solutions for life.
Arvest is on a transformational journey, evolving to meet future needs. Arvest is driving change through the growth and development of our employees. We are focusing on the success of associates, the organization and by extension, our customers. At Arvest Bank, our employees have a passion for serving their customers and communities. We are looking for dynamic associates who thrive in an engaging work environment to join our team.
Job Title: Principal Software Engineer
The Principal Software Engineer leads all aspects of the software development lifecycle including estimation, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and ongoing support of web and mobile applications. The Principal Software Engineer is part of an agile team working to deliver experiences that make a difference in people’s lives.
We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about helping the organization achieve their strategic and tactical objectives by helping them understand their entire technological landscape, collaborating across the organization’s leaders, teams, and business units to align technical solutions to the strategy, and providing teams with guidance and guardrails through governance strategies, policies, and procedures. You are an insightful leader who keeps track of goals while setting direction for the vision.
What You’ll Do at Arvest:
• Develops software using modern and new technologies. Serves as the subject matter expert. Leads less experienced engineers.
• Delivers solutions that are flexible, scalable, and able to accomplish advancing customer demands. Proactively identifies gaps in processes, procedures, monitors, alerts, designs, etc. and provides recommendations on how to resolve.
• Collaborates with UI Developers to design solutions that are efficient, reusable, and impactful.
• In partnership with the Product Owner, leads the breakdown of work and ensures it is consumable by the team. Helps the Product Owner understand the technical impact of options and makes recommendations when needed.
• Automates test cases that streamline the delivery of software and limit the need for human intervention. Designs solutions that are easily automated and allow for quick identification of failures.
• Mentors other developers to help build skills and adopt best practices.
• Leads the evaluation of new integration patterns, frameworks, and 3rd party solutions. Completes research spikes and designs proof-of-concepts to evaluate the feasibility of solutions.
• Partners with Solution and Software Architects to influence the current and future state of technology. Advocates, on behalf of the team, for technical difficulties experienced by the team.
• Builds software that performs well, is secure, and is accessible to customers. Ensures that work product delivered by the team meets standards, and proactively seeks out opportunities for improvement.
• Takes an active leadership role in cross-product Communities of Practice and/or Guilds.
• Proactively learns about and evaluates new technologies with a view toward advancing the technical ecosystem. Recommends changes to the ecosystem based on what is learned.
• Exhibits strong problem solving and analytical skills, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
What You’ll Bring:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
· 6 years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Experience working in team environment using Agile/Scrum/XP principles;
- Experience deploying applications to the cloud;
- Experience following data, security, and software architecture best practices;
- Experience with Test Driven Development; and
- Experience with CI/CD tools;
- Hands on experience with building Microservices and hosting using Java, Spring Boot and Kubernetes on AWS or GCP Cloud
- Expertise in database design, writing and tuning queries in PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL or other DBMS technologies.
- Experience with Serverless architecture and messaging systems on GCP or AWS cloud platforms
- Familiarity with modern CI/CD automation tools like Gitlab, Circle CI, etc.,
- Experience building APIs and Partner integrations on MuleSoft API platform
- Experience writing automated test suites (unit tests, component tests, etc.,)
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service members.
Why We Stay:
Along with an excellent benefits package, our associates are engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our associates. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.