Patient Access Representative I
Arkansas Children's Hospital
ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS A TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE. FLU VACCINES ARE REQUIRED. ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS.
Work Shift:Please see job description for details.
Time Type:Full time
Department:CC097110 Admissions and Financial Counseling
Summary:Responsible for the first impression of Arkansas Children’s; Performs basic functions relative to scheduling and registration for outpatient clinics including complete and accurate demographic and insurance information.
Monday through Friday day shift position.
Required Education:High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Recommended Education:Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college program or technical school or nursing diploma, Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, Certificate from college program or technical school
Required Work Experience:
Recommended Work Experience:Administrative Support - Direct_Epic experience, Related Field - 1 year of experience
1. Schedules all patient appointments and ensures referrals are obtained.
2. Meets or exceeds expected productivity and accuracy standards.
3. Greets and engages patients, families and visitors in order to provide a positive first impression.
4. Completes registration and discharge activities, including co-payment collection, MyChart activation, insurance verification, etc.
5. Completes discharge scheduling and ensure follow up appointments and tests are scheduled.
6. Able to register in 1 or more Centers (in addition to Home Center) as demonstrated by floating.
7. Collaborates with clinical partners to optimize patient communication, clinic flow and ongoing care.
8. Actively engages in activities to enhance the patient experience, including encouragement of the patient satisfaction survey.