Painter I; Sun-Wed
Arkansas Children's Hospital
ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS A TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE. FLU VACCINES ARE REQUIRED. ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS.
Work Shift:Please see job description for details.
Time Type:Full time
Department:CC097320 Facilities and Plant Operations
Summary:Applies paint, varnishes, stains and other coatings to interior and/or exterior surfaces with brush, roller or other tools. Prepares surfaces for painting by removing old paint using paint removers, scrapers, wire brushes, or blowtorches. Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers using a caulking gun or a putty knife. Prepares paint and primers and matches colors.
Sunday - Wednesday; 0700-1730
Required Education:High School Diploma
Required Work Experience:Facilities - Related_1 year of general maintenance or construction painting experience
Recommended Work Experience:
1. Checks and prioritizes work orders on a daily basis and completes them within a reasonable length of time.
2. Ensures surfaces are finished smoothly, attractively, and without unsightly waves.
3. Maintains records on color changes in renovated areas. Maintains paint for touch-ups and vinyl wall covering for patching walls.
4. Assures that job sites and paint storage areas are clean, orderly and safe.
5. Receives materials and verifies qualities and quantities. Signs and delivers all packing slips to the Maintenance office by the end of the shift.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.