Arkansas Children's Hospital
ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS A TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE. COVID AND FLU VACCINES ARE REQUIRED. ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS.
Work Shift:Please see job description for details.
Time Type:Full time
Summary:Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Ensures that project/ department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes.
Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
Required Work Experience:
Recommended Work Experience:Related Field - 5 years with 3 years of leadership experience
Required Certifications:Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner (LRCP): (AR) - Arkansas State Medical Board, Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
Recommended Certifications:Adult Critical Care Specialty Credential (ACCS) - National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC), Certified Asthma Educator (AE-C) - National Asthma Educator Certification Board, Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT) - National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC), Neonatal/ Pediatric Specialty (NPS) - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC), RPFT - Arkansas Children's Hospital, Sleep Disorders Specialty (SDS) - National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
1. Identifies and champions performance improvement opportunities and utilizes research process to recommend, implement, and evaluate practice changes.
2. Evaluates and facilitates quality patient care utilizing observation, patient/family rounds, management reports, and patient documentation.
3. Ensures departmental staffing plans are created based on volumes, patient acuity, anticipated workload, skill mix and competency requirements.
4. Manages staff performance by assessing competency and providing constructive feedback on initial hire, on an ongoing basis and during annual performance appraisal.
5. Assists with development, management, and monitoring of departmental budget, staff productivity space, equipment, and supplies.
6. Uses coaching, mentoring and role modeling skills to promote positive patient outcomes and professionalism within the department.
7. Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of Departmental policies, procedures, and protocols.
8. Represents the hospital and the department in community activities.
9. May assist in identifying capital equipment needs and collaborating with Director regarding acquisitions. May participate with training of new equipment. And troubleshoots equipment maintenance, inventory, and application with Clinical Engineering and outside vendors.
10. Interacts with RCS medical advisors, other physicians, and other AC Team Members regarding hospital-wide respiratory care supplies, equipment, and physical environment needs to optimize patient care.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.