RRT II; 7p-7a; $2,500 Sign on Bonus
Arkansas Children's Hospital
ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS A TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE. COVID AND FLU VACCINES ARE REQUIRED. ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS.
Work Shift:Please see job description for details.
Time Type:Full time
Summary:Assists in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients with pulmonary disorders. Collects and analyzes sputum, blood, and breath specimens to determine levels of oxygen, carbon dioxide, and other gases. Also measures the lung capacity of a patient to determine if there is impaired function. Administers treatment prescribed by a physician for the care of patients with abnormalities associated with the process of breathing. Assumes primary responsibility for respiratory care treatments.
Required Education:Associate Degree or Equivalent Experience
Required Work Experience:
Recommended Work Experience:
Required Certifications:Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner (LRCP): (AR) - Arkansas State Medical Board, Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
Recommended Certifications:Adult Critical Care Specialty Credential (ACCS) - National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC), Certified Asthma Educator (AE-C) - National Asthma Educator Certification Board, Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT) - National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC), Neonatal/ Pediatric Specialty (NPS) - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC), RPFT - Arkansas Children's Hospital, Sleep Disorders Specialty (SDS) - National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
1. Provides safe and effective patient care addressing age specific variations related to clinical, educational, psychosocial, and cultural needs of the patient.
2. Communicates patient care plans effectively with all involved team members.
3. Recognizes emergency situations and intervenes appropriately.
4. Assists in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients with pulmonary disorders.
5. Provides feedback and reports and changes to improve patient care and/or the work environment.
6. Collects and analyzes sputum, blood, and breath specimens to determine levels of oxygen, carbon dioxide and other gases. Measures lung capacity of patients to determine if there is an impairment.
7. Actively participates in performance improvement and research activities appropriate to assigned responsibilities.
8. May maintain in stock supplies and equipment and requests non-stock items from outside vendors practicing cost management.
9. May participate in interdisciplinary committees, initiatives, collaboration and similar groups related to ongoing hospital expansion, remodeling, and similar construction to ensure optimal RCS related patient care needs are met.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.