Arkansas Children's Hospital
ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS A TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE. COVID AND FLU VACCINES ARE REQUIRED. ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS.
Work Shift:Please see job description for details.
Time Type:Full time
Department:CC603000 ACMG ACNW Clinical Operations
Summary:The Hospitalist will provide inpatient care services to infants, children and adolescents of the practice and referring physicians.
Required Education:Graduation from an accredited school of medicine, completed an accredited 3-year Pediatric residency and board certified or board eligible., M.D. - Doctor of Medicine
Required Work Experience:
Recommended Work Experience:
Required Certifications:Board Certification in area of assigned specialty - , Board Certified in Pediatrics - , License eligible in AR specific to education such as MD (License) Note: Candidate must possess at time of hire -
1. Provides medical management of patient care in hospital setting.
2. Examines patients, orders, performs and interprets diagnostic tests to obtain information on medical condition, determine diagnosis and implement appropriate treatment.
3. Monitors patients' condition and progress and re-evaluate treatments as necessary.
4. Understands and follows performance standards for hospital providers.
5. Maintains organized, clean, efficient and confidential work area.
6. Communicates and coordinates with other Inpatient and Outpatient physicians.
7. Works with hospital team of physicians, PA’s, NP’s and nurses to maximize efficiency.
8. Coordinates medical care across service lines to ensure alignment of resources.
9. Participates in hospital based research projects.
10. Prepare official health documents or records.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.