LPN II, After-Hours Clinic, Part-Time Weekday Evenings
Arkansas Children's Hospital
ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS A TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE. COVID AND FLU VACCINES ARE REQUIRED. ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS.
Work Shift:Please see job description for details.
Time Type:Part time
Department:CC015039 Afterhours Clinic
Summary:The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) collects patient/family information that assists the Registered Nurse in assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The LPN provides safe, effective care for assigned patients with the assistance and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
WORK SCHEDULE: Mon-Fri 4:30pm-9pm (22.5 hours/week)
Required Education:Completion of an approved program per state's requirements.
Required Work Experience:Related Field - 1 year of experience
Recommended Work Experience:
Required Certifications:Licensed Practical Nurse - Arkansas State Board of Nursing (ASBN)
1. Collects patient/family data to facilitate the identification of clinical, educational, psychosocial, and cultural needs and communicate data and observations to health team members.
2. Contributes to patient plan of care based on clinical, educational, psychosocial, and cultural needs while recognizing when to resource other health team members.
3. Plans, prioritizes and organizes patient care tasks to ensure time and resource utilization.
4. Completes routine patient care tasks and medication administration in a sage, efficient and timely manner but recognizing and intervening in emergency situations.
5. Individualizes nursing interventions to meet identified needs and modifies interventions when the needs of the patient or family change.
6. Reassesses and modifies patient plan of care in collaboration with the registered nurse.
7. Participate in quality and safety initiatives, i.e. HAC groups, QAPI, KPI, Top 10 list
8. Participate in recruitment activities- interview team, open house, marketing.
9. Patient experience- formulates plans and implements changes to improve satisfaction.