Ultrasound Technologist I; PRN
Arkansas Children's Hospital
ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS A TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE. COVID AND FLU VACCINES ARE REQUIRED. ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS.
Work Shift:Please see job description for details.
Time Type:Part time
Summary:Developing knowledge to perform quality routine and specialized ultrasound procedures, and recognizing patient conditions essential for successful completion of procedure.
Required Education:Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college program or technical school or nursing diploma
Required Work Experience:Direct - No experience required
Recommended Work Experience:Technologist - 1 year Pediatric Ultasound experience; Or 1 year Medical Ultrasound experience
Required Certifications:1 of the following certifications is required - , RDMS, FE, OB/GYN - American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), RDMS, PS, RVT, VT - American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) - American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
Recommended Certifications:RDMS, AB, OB/GYN, PS - RDCS, AE, RVT, VT - American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
1. Developing proficiency to perform diagnostic exams as directed by Radiologist. Is learning to recognize examination findings that may require immediate clinical response and notifies the interpreting radiologist.
2. Developing knowledge in how to troubleshoot and report malfunctioning equipment.
3. Developing the ability to explain procedures to patients and families in an effective manner.
4. Developing knowledge of emergency equipment and supplies.
5. Ensures that work area is properly maintained.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.