Financial Counselor I; Part Time; Weekend Days
Arkansas Children's Hospital
ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS A TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE. COVID AND FLU VACCINES ARE REQUIRED. ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS.
Work Shift:Please see job description for details.
Time Type:Part time
Department:CC097110 Admissions and Financial Counseling
Summary:Performs Medicaid Application Process, Financial Assistance Process, price estimation, and other assistance programs. Serves as Support Staff for un-insured and under-insured patient population by connecting to resources and establishing a clear path to revenue recovery.
Required Education:High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Recommended Education:Associate Degree
Required Work Experience:Related Field - 1 year of experience
Recommended Work Experience:Administrative Support - Direct_Epic experience
Recommended Certifications:Certified Application Counselor (CAC) - Insurance Marketplace
1. Performs efficient interviews to ensure accurate demographic capture and insurance verification for newborns and OB transports.
2. Works as an assister for the federally facilitated insurance marketplace.
3. Collects deductible, co-pay and all other applicable forms of payment, including ongoing payment plans.
4. Conducts efficient follow-up to include: Work queue management, email, CRM, In-basket, reports and insurance/COBRA coordination and documentation.
5. Performs Medicaid intake, SSI, FAP and CHC Application process, including RX, renal and any other available external resources. Conducts follow-ups on assigned accounts.
6. Maintains compliance with No-Surprise-Billing through written and verbal notification of price estimates, including ABN and Self-pay absolute protocol.
7. Collaborates with clinical and state resources to ensure timely enrollment with Medicaid primary care physicians. This includes initial, retro and change requests.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.