Athletic Trainer; PRN; NWA Coverage
Arkansas Children's Hospital
ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS A TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE. COVID AND FLU VACCINES ARE REQUIRED. ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS.
Work Shift:Please see job description for details.
Time Type:Part time
Department:CC095095 Sports Medicine
Summary:Responsible to recognize, evaluate, treat and rehabilitate participating athletes who have suffered a sports injury or illness as well as provide injury prevention education to those athletes. Responsibilities include coverage of athletic team events and additional special events as assigned. Serves as the primary liaison between the assigned school, the parent/athlete, and appropriate healthcare providers. Responsible for other duties at ACH as assigned.
Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
Required Work Experience:Related Field - 1 year of experience
Recommended Work Experience:
Required Certifications:Athletic Training (AR) - Arkansas State Board of Athletic Training
1. Provides appropriate sports related care for athletes/patients.
2. Makes return to play decision as appropriate.
3. Maintains documentation of patient/athlete interaction on appropriate forms, including documentation of any necessary follow up.
4. Keeps athletic training room neat, organized, and safe.
5. Assists with supply ordering; maintains organization and inventory of supplies/equipment.
6. Assists the sports medicine coordinator in budgeting related to assigned school.
7. Assists with the referral and scheduling of athletes to appropriate healthcare providers.
8. Coordinates with school and district personal on implementation of emergency action plans and sports medicine related policy.
9. Ensures the school insurance claim form is completed and appropriately disseminated.
10. Acts as educator and advocate for patient/athlete/family.
11. Is available by phone to assigned school when not on campus.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.