Manager Laboratory Operations
Arkansas Children's Hospital
ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS A TOBACCO FREE WORKPLACE. COVID AND FLU VACCINES ARE REQUIRED. ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS.
Work Shift:Please see job description for details.
Time Type:Full time
Summary:Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the clinical laboratory. Works and collaborates with department managers in directing compliance with policies, procedures and best practices in support of optimal performance of the laboratory. In addition, directs operations to achieve accurate, reliable, and timely testing services. Hires, trains, and, as necessary, terminates employees under their operational supervision. Works directly with the Laboratory Admin Director in the execution of initiatives supporting the Laboratory Strategic Plan. Represents the laboratory as a model of the behavioral standards of the institution. Supports the Mission and Strategic Imperatives of organization.
Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
Recommended Education:Master's Degree
Required Work Experience:Related Field - 5 years with 1 year of leadership experience
Recommended Work Experience:
Required Certifications:1 of the following certifications is required -
Recommended Certifications:Medical Technologist (MT-AMT) - American Medical Technologists (AMT), Medical Technologist (MT-ASCP) - American Society for Clinical Pathology, Medical Technologist (MT-NCA) - American Society for Clinical Pathology
1. Responsible for the overall operation of one or more department(s) in the laboratory.
2. Builds an effective team by attracting skilled workers, effectively integrating new staff to their jobs, and developing and retaining skilled workers to meet current and future department goals and objectives.
3. Assures regulatory compliance accreditation requirements are met.
4. Assures readiness for unannounced inspections and implements corrective actions within established deadlines following inspections and audits.
5. Defines standards for quality and Performsance measure and evaluates services and processes against those standards also Providess personnel competency and training.
6. Assures instrument validation and calibration.
7. Plans for fiscal management and resource utilization including the budgeting, forecasting and monitoring and forecasting processes.
8. Plans, implements and evaluates specific improvement activities.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.