Intern, Pricing and Supply Chain Engineer
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Pricing & Supply Chain Engineering Intern to join the ArcBest team for the Fall 2023 semester and the Spring 2024 semester at our Fayetteville campus. The Intern, Pricing and Supply Chain Engineer analyzes supply chain solution opportunities to meet customer logistics needs while using and interpreting all relevant cost, market, and value-added information. This position also develops, authorizes and execute pricing proposals to support multiple ArcBest business unit objectives and protect corporate yield. In addition, the Intern, Pricing and Supply Chain Engineer advises internal and external customers on desired pricing and marketing approach.
Your contribution may include:
- Communicate on a daily basis with ArcBest’s nationwide sales teams regarding the interpretation, negotiation, and administration of pricing arrangements.
- Participate in special projects, including but not limited to, review of specific customer accounts to determine changes in price, shipment handling, and other operational considerations in order to reduce costs and increase revenues to ensure maximum profitability.
- Maintain a positive attitude while completing challenging work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work in a team setting to accomplish departmental and company goals.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As the Intern, Pricing and Supply Chain Engineer, you will be a member of the ArcBest Yield: Pricing team in Fort Smith, AR. This is a temporary intern position. Work schedule will generally fall between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with occasional irregular hours depending on workload. Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, preferred. Other engineering degrees and majors with a strong analytical background, such as Business Data Analytics will be considered.
Experience: Superior analytical and leadership skills.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including excellent spreadsheet and reporting skills.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact email@example.com or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability."