Workday Extend Developer
Workday Extend Developer (W2 only – no 1099/C2C)
Duration: 6+ months
Location: remote, client is in Wisconsin
Apex Systems is working with an insurance client to find a Workday Extend Developer. The Workday Extend Developer supports the Workday platform by configuring, customizing, and governing Workday functionality to support our strategic objectives. The person in this role will respond to tickets, incidents, and requests from end-users in addition to partnering on longer-term and more complex projects.
OUTCOMES DRIVEN BY THIS ROLE:
- Optimized configuration and smooth operation of Workday. Analyzes configuration and compares to desired functionality to diagnose gaps, roadblocks, and inefficiencies.
- Outstanding customer service. Responds quickly, professionally, and with a consultative focus to tickets, requests, and incidents. Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and guidance to end-users. Maintains good communication on progress, roadblocks, and options.
- Future-proof design. Conducts quality assurance reviews regularly to deliver effective and scalable solutions; evaluates and documents team procedures; conducts knowledge transfer with end users as appropriate. Implements enhancements that improve Workdays reliability and performance.
- Data integrity in Workday. Maintains data cleanliness by crafting and running audits, analyzing data, and supporting day to day transactional review and approval processes.
- Streamlined Workday release experiences. Manages release planning, identifying impact and enhancement opportunities associated with a new release, and communicates openly. Supports regression testing and introduction of required changes as new Workday releases are introduced
- A collaborative and informed team. Manages Workday team knowledge base to ensure critical knowledge-sharing opportunities exist and information can be accessed on demand by all relevant partners.
OUR MOST SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Experience with Workday configuration, across at least two Workday modules (e.g. Talent and Performance, Absence and Time-Tracking, Recruiting, Core HCM, etc.), supporting a mid-to-large-sized business.
- Requires at least 5 plus years of experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with HR business processes, metrics, and best practices; experience partnering with functional stakeholders to build Workday configuration that meets business needs
- Experience solving configuration and integration issues through root-cause analysis, deep understanding of cross-stream and down-stream impacts, and independent testing
- A need to get things done, a proven sense of urgency, drive, ownership, and accountability; organization and project management skills
- Resourcefulness and a knack for navigating challenges independently
- The ability to manage conflict and difficult partners, strong prioritization skills, and excellent customer-service orientation
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.
Something looks off?